Chapter 27- White Noise

WARNING: blood and violence.

(M/N) crouched close to the edge of the rooftop, eyes locked onto the current target for the night.

A few days ago, Donnie had finally come close to a possible cure for Dalis. The only problem was it required a sample of her old DNA, back from before she was mutated. It was a long shot, but after much debating, they finally agreed to give it a try and search the old Kraang base.

Which led them to now, observing the outside of the building. It still seemed to be under repairs, and from the outside, it looked quiet and possibly abandoned. But (M/N) wasn't going to fall for that a third time.

"Anything suspicious yet?" Raph asked, his tone teasing. He didn't really think there was anything to worry about, and found (M/N)'s serious act endearing.

"Nope... stop smirking at me like that. It's distracting."

Raph raised an eyebrow, leaning down to crouch beside him. (M/N) turned his face, their eyes meeting. Electricity crackled in the air, neither wanting to break eye contact and lose this mini battle.

Leo cleared his throat, rolling his eyes.
"Mind keeping it family friendly? We are on a mission after all."

(M/N)'s face flushed, eyes widening and turning to look at the blue-masked leader. He tried to retort but nothing came out.

Raph chuckled, "we'll keep it civil. For now."

(M/N) wanted the ground to swallow him.

But in the best way possible.

After a few more minutes of idle conversation and spying, they felt confident there was no one inside. They began their mission.

(M/N) pulled himself up and over the shattered window, dropping down on a ledge inside the main storage facility. With his helmet up, he was able to use the built in night vision and look around for any movement.

He made a quick sweep, and from what he could see, was satisfied of its emptiness.

"Alright, all clear!"

The four turtles jumped down beside him, and together they made their way down to the floor. The closest machinery glowed at their presence, but other than that, no activity was heard.

Donnie lead them through the facility, to the main computer deck. From there he would be able to locate if there was any DNA from their old test subjects.

(M/N)'s stomach churned as they walked, trying to keep his mind on the task in hand. He had never felt this anxious before, but at the moment it was difficult to focus on anything. He dematerialized his helmet, hoping it would help keep him grounded.

Raph frowned as he noticed his boyfriend's discomfort. It was a contrast from his usual confident and laid back mannerisms. He reached for the (H/C) haired boy's hand, giving it a firm squeeze.

(M/N) gratefully returned it, relaxing just a bit. It was enough to pick up in a distant echo from the direction they came from.

He stopped for a moment, turning back, straining his ears again.

No sound.

He frowned, but reluctantly continued after the group.

"Alright here we are. Give me a few minutes to get into this. Shouldn't take long."

Donnie was already beginning his hacking process as he said this, eyes scanning the screen in front of him after it lit up.

"Anything we can do to help?" Leo asked, eyes drifting to scan the room.