Thirty-One: Shy

[ Shy ]

"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love

"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." – Tom Robbins

*°*

A sudden loud buzzing noise sounded from your phone that lay right beside your head, forcing you to practically leap right out of your deep slumber.

Your heartbeat was now quick due to the shock, and it took you a few seconds to gather your surroundings and thoughts properly, and a few seconds more to realise that your phone was ringing.

Quickly grabbing the device next to you without first checking the caller, you picked up the call and greeted the person on the other end of the line in a tone that you were strongly hoping sounded like one that belonged to somebody who had been awake for a while already.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sleepy head!" a cheerful voice greeted back through the phone, "You're finally awake!"

Your eyebrows instantly knitted together in confusion at the person's words, and you pulled the phone back from your ear so that you could glance at the caller ID, only for you to realise that the number was not saved on your phone, which only confused you more.

You slowly brought the phone back to your ear with your eyebrows still deeply furrowed, "Uhm... Who is this?"

"It's Taehyung!" the man exclaimed, "I'm sad you didn't save my number, y/n." he ended sadly.

Your eyes widened as the realisation hit you.

Oh no.

"Taehyung?" you muttered to yourself uncertainly before it hit you just seconds later, "Oh! Uh... Hi?!" you quickly rushed out as a feeling of embarrassment immediately began to take over you.