Forty: Cheer Up

[ Cheer Up ]

"I'm much more me when I'm with you

"I'm much more me when I'm with you."

*

You stared down at the screen of your phone for the umpteenth time that hour and felt the frown that already adorned your face deepening a little bit. Jungkook has been MIA for nearly a week now, it was very sudden and odd, especially since no one else really seemed to know what was up. It was getting concerning.

"Nothing?" you heard Mae ask as she walked into the kitchen with a dirty plate in her hand, and headed for the sink.

You nodded silently.

"He's probably been busy." she attempted to tell you, her voice soft, saddened that you still appeared concerned about this. 

"But he usually lets me know when he is." you told her as you turned to look at her, not feeling used to this treatment, "Do you think he might be mad at me?" 

Did you perhaps do something wrong? Something that could have upset him?

You couldn't help but start wondering if you really were the only one, he wasn't talking to right now, a wide range of possibilities starting to crowd your mind even though you didn't necessarily have much to actually go off of.

Mae sighed softly, stopping in her tracks for a moment, "When did stop talking to you?"

"After the last game night," you muttered quietly and looked away tiredly, shoulders slumping a bit.

Mae stayed silent as she began to think over any possible explanation for the problem before she suddenly remembered something and narrowed her eyes at you slowly.

"Y/n."