Thirty-Six: Moment

[ Moment ]

"Sometimes I just can't ignore the way I feel when I see you smile

"Sometimes I just can't ignore the way I feel when I see you smile."

*°*

"Y/n! Come over here!" you heard Taehyung's voice calling out to you.

You turn yourself around after the worker walked away from you once you handed them your helmet, and found the blue-haired man skipping his way over to you.

Taehyung randomly decided to pick you up from the apartment at eleven that morning, claiming that he hadn't 'seen you in forever', even though the music festival you had gone to was barely two weeks before.

He took you go-carting, saying that he had been meaning to go with someone and decided that you were going to be his partner in his plans for the day.

Mae tried to tell you that this was just him finding an excuse to take you out without looking suspicious, but you simply brushed her off saying that you doubted it.

You told her that you were sure that his other friends were probably busy doing something and you were probably the only option left — and she laughed.

"Does that mean his friends have been busy every single night for the past few weeks, making him call you every night before going to bed because he had no one else to wish a good night to?" were her blunt words.

You didn't say anything to her, actually thinking over the point she was trying to make and you recalled the smug look on her face at your lack of a mere response. You were actually surprised to hear about how much she knew since you haven't really said much about Taehyung.

As if that wasn't already enough for your best friend though, the girl went on to tease you even more about the contrasts between the nightly phone calls you had with Taehyung and the occasional sessions you had with V.

"You've got the best of both worlds," she had said to you, even though you weren't exactly sure what she meant by that.

You felt your phone vibrate a few times, forcing you to take your eyes off of the man approaching you as you pulled the device out of the pocket it was in.

You glanced down at your phone, and your heart momentarily stopped at the sight of the name on your screen.

Kook💛
Hey, princess🥺 How was your
week?🥺

Kook💛
I'm really sorry for practically going
ghost lately☹️

Kook💛
Are you doing anything today? I
wanted to stop by your apartment to
see for a little bit before I head to work
later👉👈 You know... Give you some encouragement for the assignments
you've probably been getting❤️