11

At the base you were sitting in your room, removing the bullets, Sorbet and Gelato were on a date to celebrate their anniversary, Giaccio and Melone were on a mission together, Illuso and the capo as well, the only people left in the base were you, Formaggio who went to take a nap on the couch you made him fall off of and the two brothers.

You could soon hear the door to your room open, you looked up to see Prosciutto approaching you with a medkit, you already had taken off one of the bullets from your wound, "what do you think you're doing? I can do this myself, thank you very much." His eye twitched as he sat down next to you, opening the medkit and taking what he needed to fix up your wound. "I highly doubt that, come on show it to me."

You turned your wounded shoulder to him, he took the medical pincers and inspected your wound "do you think I'm not able to care for myself? Because I assure you I can." He didn't reply as started to pull out the bullet, you gritted your teeth as he pulled the bullet out with ease and placed it down on the table, "if you can do that then tell me how come you got shot by that brat?" He spoke as he inspected the wound looking for more bullets, his fingers were cold as ice.

"I underestimated the enemy," he glanced at you before turning his attention back to the wound, "that's interesting." He spoke, "what is?" he placed the pincers into your wound again ready to pull out another bullet, "you didn't blame Formaggio."

You turned to look away, "why would I after all I was the one fighting, and besides he got the keys." He managed to pull the bullet out but it was much deeper than the rest were, making you flinch in pain as he used force.

"Maybe warn me next time, that hurt like a bitch." You stated as you watched him place down the bullet, "and thanks, I can surely clean the wound now, you don't have to help anymore," you looked at him, "no I don't think you can, after all, you tried to remove the bullets with your hand instead of medical pincers." He scoffed, as he got ready to disinfect the wound, he looked at the cottons in the medkit and then scoffed as he saw the bottle of rubbing alcohol, "idiots, who placed this here?" He spoke with irritation in his voice as he picked up the bottle and placed it on the table with slight force, you raised an eyebrow at him.

"Rubbing alcohol can harm the tissue and delay the healing of the wound, those imbecilli." He said annoyedly before he made his way to the sink to soak some of the medical cottons with cold water, "this helps better than that utter trash." He said as he sat down next to you, carefully cleaning your wound.

Sure he looked smart but you didn't know he was that smart, usually, people did in fact use, rubbing alcohol for wounds, which hurt as it damaged the tissue. Besides using the cold water it constricts blood vessels and helps reduce the swelling and inflammation, and it doesn't hurt that much.

"Didn't know you were the doctor of the team," you jokingly said as you watched him, "I am not, trust me, but I am surely better at this than the rest." He said back, he threw the used cottons into the trash as he looked around for the needle and the thread, wanting to stitch up your wound. 

"Are you sure that is necessary? the wound isn't that bad and if need be I can do it myself." You spoke as you watched him mess around with the needle and the thread, "I'll do it and yes it is needed, I don't want you to mess up the entire cleaning progress just because you didn't close your wound properly." He spoke as he managed to finally get the thread to the needle.

As he stitched up your wound you couldn't help but wonder if it was just your imagination or if he really was leaning closer and closer towards you, as he finished doing the last one, cutting the thread carefully he seemed to be left to stare into your eyes, "Hello? Is Doctor Prosciutto still there?" He seemed to snap out of his thoughts as he heard your words, he adverted your eyes, as he let out a tsk.

You swore you could see a small tint of red come to his cheeks for a split second before he got up from the chair and began to pack up the medkit, he didn't speak as he made his way out of your room, what was going through his head even? You wondered.

Pesci watched as his brother closed the cellar door, he could see him holding a medkit, that was rather odd, his brother didn't care for anyone's wounds usually, he'd call him mammoni if he even dared to ask for his help. Looking down at his hands, he held the bottle of painkillers and a glass of water, would he be brave enough to even go to your room? He nervously stood there for a while, no he had to do it!

He slowly made his way to the cellar door and knocked on the door, nervously waiting for you to open the door and as you did, he stuttered out few words before handing over the bottle of pills and the glass of water and then hurried off somewhere, leaving you standing there somewhat confused before you decided to return back down.

After some time the pain seemed to fade away from your wound, thanks to the painkillers, perhaps the brothers were the medics of this team after all? Or maybe they were just doing what they had to do, perhaps it was an unspoken rule of the team? You didn't know nor care as you inspected the bullets on the table, that battle was sure something, hopefully, you wouldn't have to run into those brats again.

You decided to wait for the others to return after all the whole day was just beginning and there would be more jobs for you to do.