23

As you had managed to get Illuso back to the base, the team was quick to look at the man and confirm he was one of the people who had been trying to get rid of La Squadra due to the fights against money, but since you've been with the team their payments have been raised, which made certain people mad.

"He has a stand that shoots out bear traps, so if he wakes up I suggest you to be on high alert," Illuso stated as he turned to look at his leg.

Carrying a medkit you made your way into the living room, where the team was discussing what they should do, Risotto and Prosciutto had taken the unconscious man somewhere, you sat next to Illuso as you opened the medkit, and looked at his wound, one of the bear traps' spikes was stuck in there, sighing you took out the medical pincers.

Illuso's eyes widened as he watched you start to remove it, "hey now, I don't thi-" He gritted his teeth in pain as you pulled the spike out. "And what were you trying to say?" You asked him, you heard Formaggio snicker, you turned to glare at him, "If you want to I can stab this thing into you and see how much you enjoy getting it removed." You said with a glare as you watched his smirk fade off, "ah you're no fun," he said with fake sadness in his voice as he made his way out of the living room.

As you were cleaning his wound you noticed how the living room had become empty, the others had left the room, leaving you and Illuso alone. You turned your gaze back at his wound, it really didn't need stitches, so you decided you would wrap it up with bandages.

Illuso watched you, the room was dimly lit but yet he could see your beautiful face perfectly, he was thankful that you had snapped at Formaggio, this was already embarrassing enough for him to be attacked like that.

He watched as you made sure to carefully apply to bandages, asking him if he was comfortable, how was it possible that you were so pretty yet you were deadly, he had read about the cases of hitchhikers gone missing or been found dead that were linked to your files, you had picked up people in the past with a car and brought them to their doom as they were only looking to get a ride, you were like a wolf hiding among lambs, yet you were here healing him, wishing him nothing but the best, you even fought for him.

The scar on your face would only be a symbol of what was truly behind that beautiful face of yours, a truly monstrous mind, he couldn't put a finger on it but something about how mysterious, horrifying yet something about you seemed to attract him.

"Illuso?" he snapped out of his thoughts as he saw you had finished putting the bandage, "what?" He asked he watched your eye, it was a shame that you had lost the other one, "are you paying attention?" He blinked in surprise, he was getting lost in his thoughts, "Illuso?" You got up and put your hand to his forehead, "you aren't getting sick are you?" You questioned, before moving your hand away from his face, his entire face was burning red at this point, he was glad it was dim so you weren't able to notice it, "ah me? Well if I do, you'll come to heal me right?" He gave you a smirk.

"So you are fine," you sighed as you picked up the medkit, "will you be able to move around?" he heard you ask, as he got up he felt a sting as he put pressure on his wounded leg, "I think I'll manage, what you're worried about me?" He teased you, "no I'm just glad I don't have to carry you, you are way too heavy," you replied which made him laugh, "oh, it's the weight of my muscles," he replied as he positioned his hand to show you his muscle, he heard you scoff as you walked away with the medkit, which made him want to even tease you more, that was a cute reaction, he smiled again mischieviously as always as he kept thinking about you.

Prosciutto and Risotto looked at the man, who they had beaten half to death as soon as he had woken up, turns out the idiot's idea was to go after the team all by himself, his life ended soon after this confession of course.

Risotto was going through his thoughts, as Prosciutto made his way back into the base, Risotto following him behind him, as he got to the house, he walked upstairs, he could see into one of the rooms, Gelato and Sorbet watching 'Rin Tin Tin' a movie about a stupid dog, he thought, he felt himself to be foolish as well, even though he wanted to talk to you about everything he would only be silent, why was he thinking about you?

He continued on walking, you were someone not to get romantically involved with, but still, the fact that his heart had fluttered every time he thought about you or when he was near you was begging to be very concerning to him. He stopped as he noticed the door to your room being half-open, he remembers how he had been cleaning it and making sure it would be just perfect for you, no he needed to stop, this was truly foolish.

But still, maybe he could peek inside and see if you were awake? What was he even thinking? But he did so, he carefully pushed the door open, already regretting his decision as he noticed you were laying on a couch that you had turned as your bed, since this old place didn't have enough beds really, you were also reading a book which you closed as soon as you noticed him. "Capo?"

He tensed up, he needed to think of something, "I wanted to thank you for the delicious meal, Prosciutto had told me you had helped." Hopefully, that was good enough, "oh, I see, you're welcome I suppose," you replied, he didn't know why but something made him walk over to you.

You observed as your tall capo walked closer, you tucked your legs to make room for him on the couch, "I also want to thank you for," he paused as he looked at you, it was like time stopped as he leaned closer to you on the couch, "capo?" Your voice made him snap out of it, "I want to thank you for protecting one of my men," "It was what I was supposed to do as their team member, correct?" You asked him, which made him let out a hummed in response, "Is there something else you want to tell me about?" You asked him.

He put his hand on your knee which made you feel nervous, what was going on, was he going to do? You watched him, his eyes didn't feel like soulless and empty now, they somehow made you feel at peace, was your heart beating fast?

You sat still on the couch as he towered over you, placing one of his hands on the armrest, next to your head, he was leaning his face closer to yours, the tension was almost unbearable.

It felt like hours as the two of you observed each other, he looked like he wanted to kiss you, yet he tensed up and got off of you as he heard a house noise. He quickly left your room, leaving you to watch him leave as you tried to steady your heartbeats.

You opened the book as you let out a long sigh of relief, finally noticing how you've been holding your breath in, you began reading the book again while trying to get what just happened out of your mind.