20

You slowly took off the bandages from your face as you stood in front of the mirror, sighing you closed your eye, Melone's words seemed to be meaningless to you now, you looked like you came from a horror movie.

You could hear commotion come upstairs as the front door slammed open and Formaggio started to yell in distress, what was happening? You made your way towards the stairs, stopping for a second to think if you should cover your face before choosing not to, they would have to deal with it.

You opened the cellar door as you heard Formaggio explain in a frantic voice about how their base would be raided, Risotto had come out of his office as well to see what the fuss was about.

"Someone had informed the boys in blue about the location of our base we need to get the fuck out of here before they decide to come knocking on our door!" Formaggio yelled, "where did you get this information?" You asked, watching the men turn to look at you, as silence set in, "well?" You said somewhat feeling nervous as the men looked at you in shock.

"I heard two of them talk about it as I was going out getting groceries like the 'head chef ordered'," Formaggio said earning a scoff from Prosciutto, "and what happened to your face?" He asked while looking at you in confusion, "that's not important, we need to get the fuck out of here." You said as you made your way back into the cellar getting ready to pack your things.

"Jeez, her face, it's-" "shut it," Prosciutto cut Illuso off, "she's right we need to leave, Pesci, Prosciutto do you still know the location of the house in the countryside?" Pesci nodded as his head, his brother was too busy glaring at Illuso.

Sorbet and Gelato helped to load the second car up with the belongings, La Squadra was moving away till the dust would settle with the cops, Risotto had ordered Pesci and Prosciutto to lead the way to the second base.

You sat in the back seat waiting for the two lovers to get ready, Risotto was sitting in the passenger seat as Prosciutto was tapping his fingers on the wheel nervously. You could tell they had changed after seeing your face, you didn't care, right?

You watched as Gelato and Sorbet finally closed the trunk and made their way into the backseats closing the doors behind them.

The ride there was silent, the car radio played songs softly as you looked out the window to look at the environment change as the car passed town after town, the team had been traveling for hours now.

It was night now, you could hear the two lovers snore as they had cuddled together in the back seat, you didn't feel tired, neither did Risotto or Prosciutto, you had caught Risotto staring at you for a moment, what was he thinking? Perhaps he'd kick you out of the team now that you weren't so 'lovely' looking right? You hoped that would happen but something inside you feared it.

The car soon stopped in front of an old-looking house, you could see the paint had been falling off of the old wooden walls. Risotto ordered the blonde hitman to park near the house so they could carry the stuff inside more easily. Getting out of the car you watched as Prosciutto yelled for the two lovers to wake up and help them to carry the belongings into the house.

You stood outside the car it was cold outside and you could hear the faint chirping of grasshoppers, "hey." You were taken away from your thoughts as you turned to look at Prosciutto, he lit up a cigarette as he made his way towards you and leaned on the car as well, "hi." You greeted him back, "I know you might not wanna hear it but, I would like to apologize," he said you could feel he was ashamed, "for what?" You asked, "for the situation that happened in the hospi-" "no it's fine don't worry." You cut him off, "still, maybe I could have been there for you in the train before, it happened," he continued, "I should have been," he said.

"Listen, there was nothing anyone could have done, nobody would have known that fucker had a damn grenade up his ass." You said with a chuckle, Prosciutto glanced at you, "besides I'm just happy that I didn't die, it would suck to die on a train." You said as he chuckled, "yeah I guess you're right." He agreed, you could see a ghost of a smile on his lips.

"We should get to the house," he suggested as he finished up with his smoking, "yeah I guess so," you said as you turned to the old house, you felt a hand on your shoulder as you glanced back at Prosciutto, "if you can't sleep tonight you can always come to sleep with me," He said as he walked past you, "hey! Not a chance blondie!" You yelled as your face went up in flames, you could hear him laugh, now that was rare.

Risotto had decided that everyone would sleep in the dusty living room for tonight, and in the morning they would start fixing up the house. You were between Illuso and Formaggio, you could see them avoiding eye contact with you as you laid on the floor in a sleeping bag.

You closed your eye for a second, and you heard them move closer to you, opening your eye again you were correct, what the fuck? You moved your eye to observe your surroundings, both of them were pretending to be asleep.

Sighing you closed your eye again and tried to sleep not caring what the two were planning, and soon enough you had fallen asleep.

Illuso had waited for a short while before moving again, he turned to look at you seeing you were sleeping now, he decided to move. He moved closer to you and laid next to you, he snapped his eyes at Formaggio who had also moved closer to you. Illuso silently glared at the man as he laid down next to you, both of them held a staring contest as they laid beside you.

'fuck off' Formaggio mouthed, 'no' Illuso mouthed back to him, as the night went on by both of them drifted off to sleep holding onto you.