31

You listened to the sounds of the popcorns poppin' in the microwave, your attention was caught by Prosciutto walking into the kitchen slightly out of breath, "oh how did the mission go?" You asked him, "the usual, look I need you to come with me on the second one, I'm dead tired." He stated as he went to drink some cold water, "when's the second one?" You asked as you watched Prosciutto drink, he moved the empty glass away from his mouth as he turned to look at you, "now."

So the two of you were sitting in a car at a dark car park, the car engine was turned off, you could see prosciutto hold on to the steering wheel as he seemed to be in deep thought.

"Can you sense anyone here?" He asked as his eyes moved to look at you for a moment, you watched him for a moment before you closed your eye, trying to sense if anyone was anywhere near the two of you by using your stand, you opened your eye as you shook your head.

Prosciutto seemed to relax a bit as he stared in front of him, the car was parked on the top floor of the car park, you two could see the city lights from the car.

You waited for a moment as you stared at the lights of the city, "what's the mission about?" You asked him, he was silent for a moment before he spoke up, "there's no mission."

You glanced at him with a confused expression, "what do you mean?" He only looked at the city lights and didn't answer your question, "Prosciutto?" He still didn't answer, you waited for a moment before you moved your hand on his shoulder, "Prosciutto."

He turned to finally look at you as he let go of the steering wheel.

He closed his eyes before he moved to hold your hands, as he opened his eyes you watched him with an uneasy expression, his ice-blue eyes watched you carefully, "I don't know what to do or why I truly brought you here, but I want you to enjoy this moment with me."

You heard him say, as he slowly let go of your hands.

"Prosciutto-" "I know this seems rather odd, but please just for this once, let's enjoy this." He told you as he watched the city lights, he had a slightly worried expression on his face.

You stayed silent as you turned to look at the city lights as well, it was like a star garden, it was like this moment brought you deep into hallucinations which you weren't sure if you wanted to know more about, as you watched the lights, it felt like a dream world.

You felt Prosciutto move his hand to hold yours, which you allowed him to do, not purely knowing what was going on in his mind.

"Do you wanna know something, I've been thinking about?" He suddenly spoke up after the long moment of silence, "what's that?" You asked while keeping your gaze on the lights.

"The world is beautiful even though I don't know it, I don't think anyone truly does." He started speaking softly before he paused for a moment, "I wonder what it would be like to stare at it from some other planet and watch how the mankind would be eating its own head off while crying crocodile tears." He told you as he gently held your hand, the car was becoming slightly cold but it didn't bother the two of you.

"Some are looking for the ladder to heaven, some are looking to turn off the sun, some work for each other till they can't walk anymore, and then some destroy the rain forests so the world will stop breathing, well what's even left of it at this point." He spoke to you as he caressed your hand with his thumb.

"Sometimes I feel like there could be only seconds for anyone to live here, all the people living in this world, you could create millions of oceans from their tears alone, everyone is miserable, but yet." He turned to look at you, slowly you turned your head to look at him as well.

"You make me feel less miserable, even though you could tear through my skin at any moment, leave my body to rot in the woods for the rats to eat it and allow the last trees to grow off of it for the birds to rest on the branches." He told you as he observed you silently, he suddenly chuckled.

"It's true rhubarb heaven here, isn't it?" He smiled at you as he moved his hand away from yours and started up the car, you didn't know what to say really, you felt speechless, did he just confess something to you? You didn't understand at all.

"Can you promise me something?" He asked you making you snap out of your thoughts, "I suppose." You told him as you watched him drive away from the car park, "let's keep that place a secret, between the two of us." He said silently before he glanced at you quickly, "and thank you." He said as he turned to look at the road again, the headlights of the car lighting it as it was dark outside, "of course."

You replied to him as you leaned back on the seat of the car and glanced out of the window to see the fields that were passing by in the darkness as the car radio was playing some music silently.

The silence you had shared with your comrade was indeed golden.