The Spirit Tree

I looked over and saw JP standing in front of a portal that was now closing. "JP!!" I got out of Rang's arms and rushed over to JP. Quickly hugging him tightly. "Don't touch me...." JP growled. I looked at JP with a big smile.

JP had mint green pupils that glowed neon green sometimes with yellow hashtags. ( Idk if this should be important ) I never seen him open his mouth for some reason. He always kept his mouth closed. I still don't know why. He wore a cap that was neon pink and teal with a caution sign. Purple round glasses. ( I'm no lazy to type it all so here's a photo ) (reminder: JP is about Inks height but is 2 inches taller tho )

( the hoodie model and shoes are from gacha club- I was lazy to draw the full hoodie )( gaster blasters are the casual gaster blaster, the whole skull is white but the eyes are spirals that are neon green and neon pink )

( gaster blasters are the casual gaster blaster, the whole skull is white but the eyes are spirals that are neon green and neon pink )

( bones are normally neon green and neon pink for normal, blue attack is blue as normal, orange attack (?) is neon orange )
"I missed you so much!" I said. Trying to hold back my tears. "I didn't miss you either." JP put his hand on my face and tried pushing away. I whined and tried holding onto him tighter. "LET GO OF ME DAMMIT!!" JP yelled. "JP. Watch your language and let Rin hug you. He's told you that he's sorry." Rang said. Grabbing JPs hand with a strong grip and pulled it off. JP groaned and hugged me back. Resting his head on the top of mine. A few minutes later JP pushed me away. "Okay that's enough." JP said. Looking away from me and now looking at Rang and some of the 'Zzz' Symbol villagers that were peaking in and watching. Hiding when we noticed them.

"Soooo. Why are you guys in the underground tunnel?" JP asked. Looking at the both of us. "Well...we got attacked..." I said quietly. "When did this happen..?" JP asked. "Last night around sunset. We tried calling the star sanes but they didn't pick up. And when we got down here we tried calling them again and other people but it never worked. When Rin got a bar finally he called you first." Rang said. I looked down and started to let the tears come out my eyes some. Two hands reached to my cheekbones and cupped my face. Wiping the tears from my eyes with their thumbs and making me look up at them. "It's okay...." JP said. I smiled a little and reached my right hand up and laid it on top of JPs hand that was on my cheekbone. JP quickly moved his hands and neon green blush covered his face.

"Anyways! I'll try to get you all out now." JP said. He started walking down the tunnel to where the top was. We followed. "Why can't we just open a portal to the top?" JP asked. Looking back at us. "When your down here our magic gets cut off so we have to climb. But we've tried and it never worked." Rang said.

-JPs POV-

"So how am I gonna get us out of here? Wait. WHY DIDNT RIN TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?" I sighed and looked up the tunnel opening. Thinking on how to get up there. "Maybe we can create a ladder or a rope to get us up there." I said. Looking around me for options. I grabbed Rin and chucked him up the hole. Him screaming on the way up. No that's not a good idea. I continued to look around me. I started to walk back down the tunnel to where there was more people in. About 40-50 people stood in the room. Some were getting healed, sleeping, crying and having someone over their shoulder, and some kids playing around some. Whatever happened must of been bad. Rin never told me what happened and why their down here and not in the village.

The tunnel led to a big underground tree. People sat in the tree or was sleeping in the tree. Healing at the bottom. And kids running around the tree or playing near this glowing lake that surrounded the tree. You could only get to the tree by crossing a bridge that went over the water. I started to cross the bridge and get to the tree. "Maybe there is some stuff around here that I can use..." I looked around the tree and found thick branches that fallen off the tree. I looked more and realized vines hanged low from the tree. I looked around to see what I could use to get up. I searched the whole tree but found nothing.

"Need help?" I looked beside me to see a tall monster who looked like a goat. He was kinda big. Blond hair and beard. Wearing a short sleeve light pink and white flannel shirt with some blue shorts with a small symbol on the pocket of his shirt. I looked at the symbol and realized he was one of the royals. "Are you king Asgore?" I asked. Nervous cause I never talked to a royal before. Yes I have seen them but they never wanted to talk to me for some reason. Probably cause I look like Fresh. Fresh can sometimes be a cool guy to hang out with yet he can still give you the creeps.

"Why yes I am. It looks like you're trying to find something." Asgore said. I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my skull. "Y-yeah...I would like some help on how to get up there." I said. Looking up and kinda pointing. Asgore looked up and chuckled some. "Follow me." He started walking away and I followed. He led me to one of the sides of the tree that was facing the entrance. He walked up to it and moved some vines from the tree to reveal a lever. He pulled it and I heard a click noise. Asgore backed up and a door became visible.

"How...?" I tried to say but couldn't get the whole sentence out from shock. "Magic." Asgore said. Looking down at me and winking. I started walking up to the door and held on the nob. I looked back to say thanks but he was gone. "Left without letting me say thank you or to make sure if I was confused or not." I looked back at the door and turned the nob. Opening the door only a crack then fully open to reveal a very hollow inside that had a spiral staircase in the middle made out of wood. The whole place was lit up from firefly jars that sat on shelves that was on the wall. Created from the tree. Small dolls and photos from people and of people stood on some of the shelves. Collecting dust as time goes by. I walked in and closed the door behind me. The door immediately disappearing. I walked up the stairs to the top. The stairs went a long way up. I continued to get the top. The place slowly getting darker as I got up more. Then small blue lights started appearing from some pots with echo flowers that repeated passing conversations.

"Woah...this is beautiful..!" A female voice said.
"I'm glad you think so! But you haven't seen the real fun yet~!"A male voice said from the second flower.
"Oh shut it!" The female voice said. The male voice laughed.

I got to the top that had a opening to the top. Beautiful blue glowing flowers covered the branches. Making lights. People sat at the top. Either roaming around, looking out from the tree, sleeping, meditating, reading, or some more people recovering and getting healed. My eyes lit up as I saw a glowing blue butterfly fluttered to me and laid on my nose. I was surprised and looked at the butterfly. Confused on how it was here. I saw snapped out of my thoughts by a female voice.

"Hi! Welcome to the spirit tree! If you're new please read the sign that's above you!" A cat looking person said. She was a white color with emerald eyes. She wore a long blue robe that looked like it glowed. I looked behind me and up. Causing the butterfly to fly away.

"The spirit tree.

The spirit tree is where you can meet monsters from the dead.
Here you can meet old ancestors that can tell stories of the Great War and
how life was before the underground. Your ancestors can come back with a ritual called
"The Butterfly Dance". You can find them from the symbols on their wings."

"Hey tha-" I looked over to see the cat was soon gone. I looked around the whole top of the tree. The top was like a nest some. The floor had tight roots that was braided to created a floor like texture. I saw a long vine that was at a angle to where I could grab it. I walked over to it and reached my hand out to grab it-

"DONT!!!" A woman's voice cried.

( CLIFFHANGER >:3

I'm sorry that I didn't show the main characters Ink and Error in the last 2 chapters. I'm adding them in the next chapter. Which means I have to use my brain that I don't like. 9/3/2020 5:35am )