Chapter 12

A T H E N A

"Can't keep my hands to myself. No matter how hard I'm trying to, I want you all to myself, you're metaphorical gin and juice. So come on give me a taste, of what it's like to be next to you. Won't let one drop go to waste"

° ° °

Lucy and I left Victoria Secret – I bought the set – and after we walked around the mall for another hour, we decided to go home. 

With the bag of Victoria's Secret in my hand, I walk up to the front door of my house. Lucy dropped me off at my house before she took off to hers. I enter my house, to find it empty. I drop my bag at the door and take off my shoes and jacket.

"Mom? Dad?" I yell.

"Athena?" Chris yells. Chris?

I frown, and follow the direction of his voice. "Chris?" I ask confused.

"I'm in the living room," he says.

"How did you even get--"

I feel my heart drop when I spot Chris sitting on the couch, with Vincenzo next to him. My breathing gets ragged, and my heart starts pounding furiously against my chest.

"H-hi," I stutter, and Chris gets up. He walks over to me, and pecks my lips. All the time, I keep my eyes on Vincenzo, who has a naughty smirk on his lips, and an evil glint in his eyes.

Well shit.

"How did you even get in?" I ask confused, and watch how Chris takes a seat next to the man who made out with me a couple of hours ago.

Vincenzo licks his lips and leans forward, his forearms resting on his knees.

"I ran into Chris at the mall, and he told me he wanted to come to you, so I offered him a ride," Vincenzo explains, but I know he didn't do that because he wanted to do a good deed.

"Yeah, so he drove me here, and your parents let us in, telling us they were going to do some grocery shopping," Chris says, explaining why my parents are gone.

I nod, and just stand there uncomfortably. "So, why didn't you let me know you were coming?" I ask him. If I knew that, I wouldn't have left with Lucy.

He shrugs. "I just wanted to surprise my girl," he smiles.

I see Vincenzo clench his fists, and press his lips together out of anger. I force a smile and take a seat on the couch in front of them.

The air is filled with tension, one Chris isn't aware of.

"Would you like anything to drink?" I ask them, and fiddle a little with my hands.

It's funny how they both shake their heads. I'm so nervous, and sweaty. My heart is pounding so hard in my chest, and I don't know what to do.

Chris stands up and takes a seat beside me, throwing a hand around my shoulders.

"I was wondering if we could go to the movies or something?" he asks, and strokes my cheek with his thumb. Normally my heart would flutter at the loving gesture, but right now, I want nothing more for him to move away from me, because I can't take the heated gaze burning into my skull.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I whisper and send him a smile, before I avert my gaze from him.

I don't dare to look at Vincenzo, afraid of his burning and angry gaze. But when I slowly look up at him, I'm surprised to see he's not looking angry at all. All I see is a confident look in his eyes, and a knowing smirk around his lips. I don't know what he's planning on doing, but I'm sure I'm not going to like it.