RAABTA

"Faizan beta .... "

"Ji Chachi"

"Zara yeh dekh kar batana kya hai yeh....mere chashme banne gaye hain toh mujhe theek se padha nahin ja raha"

Faizan smiled politely and walked to his Chachi and took the envelope.
Taking out a white sheet from it, he frowned "Yeh toh Bia ke college se aaya hai..."

"Haan..usne kaha tha ki kuch aane wala hai..bas sign karna hai" Sabeena recalled her daughter's words which made Faizaan shake his head

"Aap use mere paas bhejein shaam me" Faizan said keeping the envelope with himself.

-------------------

It was 7 in the evening when Adnan saw a queue lining outside his elder cousin's room. His cousin Anabia was in the front and was leading the pack. She used to peek inside and then whisper something in Saad's ears and then Saad passed it on to the other and so on.

Getting inquisitive, he also joined the queue and got to know the last that Faiz bhai was sleeping..and Anabia was gonna invade the room but for what.

Anabia dropped on all fours and crawled inside and just when she was about to get the envelope from Faizan's bedside table, he took a turn.
Anabia in nervousness hid under the bed and signalled Saad to enter and take the envelope.

Saad picked the envelope as stealthily as he could and ran away forgetting about Anabia who cursed him under her breath but then thought of getting out of the lion's den as soon as possible. Coming to the corner, she was about to get her head out when she saw a pair of legs dangling down.

"Allah..mai toh gayi" Anabia started chewing her fore finger in nervousness.

Before she could think of something, she heard Faizan talking to someone on phone "Why don't you understand yaar...Ammi nahin manengi..."

"Apne iklaute bete ki kaunsi baat Tayi Ammi nahin manengi" Anabia frowned listening to Faizan pleading someone.

"Mujhe khud pata nahin chala kaise ho gaya ye sab...matlab it was so unexpected...maine kabhi nahin socha tha ye mere sath hoga"

"Zain..I love..." Before Faizan could even complete his sentence, he heard someone knocking the door but his half sentence had already wreaked havoc on an innocent mind "Bhaijaan gay hain...inki baaton se toh saaf jhalak raha tha". Her thoughts were put to a halt by Saad's voice on the door
"Wo bhai humein kuch sums samajh me nahin aa rahein.."

Faiz saw his cousins with their books on his door for the first time in his life.
"Acha mai baad me baat karta hun" he cut the call and called them inside.
"Aaj tumlogon ko meri yaad kaise aa gayi..."

"Kaisi baatein karte hain bhaijaan..aap toh hamare dil me rehte hain...bhala dil me rehne"

"Ho gaya..." Faizan showed his hand and took the book from his hand.

Anabia under the bed was confused seeing so many legs infront of her...

"Yeh Saad bhai ka pair lagta hai" Anabia smiled and started writing on the foot with her forefinger "Mujhe nikalo"

Faiz who was concentrating on the problem felt like someone touched his foot......He lifted his head and saw Saad's leg next to his and glared "Pair theek se rakho"

"Theek hi se toh hain bhaijaan"

Anabia peeked from under the table and signalled her cousin Haya to keep Faizan busy. Haya stood up covering Faizan and started asking questions like a curious child.

Five minutes later when Haya returned to her seat, Faizan frowned "Tum kab aayi?"

"Mai toh 22 saal pehle hi aa gayi thi bhaijaan " Anabia smiled like a fool but sobered down getting Faiz's glare....."Aise dekhte hain aur meri body me kapkapi shuru ho jaati hai"

"Wo bhai aapne bheed me dhyaan nahin diya hoga..."

Haya, Saad and Hiba giggled without any noise, something which they were pro in.

"Waise tumhare college se ek khat aaya hai........" Faizaan said making Anabia squirm

Faizan looked on the side table to fetch the letter but frowned not finding even a trace of it...."Yahin toh rakha tha"

"Shayad ud gaya hoga" Saad whispered

"Ud gaya ya uda diya gaya" Faiz raised his brows making Saad look at Anabia

"Kaun sa khat bhaijaan" The sugary tone just made Faizan scoff "Ye toh tumhe aur tumhari paltan ko pata hoga"

"Bia....ladai kyun ki thi college me?"
A minute later, Faizan asked in a calm tone
"Agar kuch hua tha toh mujhe aa kar batana tha.....Haider hai...bade hain abhi ghar me"

"Bhaijaan maine kuch nahi kiya tha...us Rahil ne mujhe sab ke samne propose kiya toh maine muh tod diya" Anabia gritted her teeth

"Kaun hai Rahil....." Faiz who was imparting calming lessons just a second ago was now slithering in anger

"Mujhe pata tha ki maine bas muh toda aap ya Haider bhai use pura hi tod dete..isliye nahi bataya" Anabia pouted

"Kal mai saath me chal raha hun college....." Faizan said in a tone which hardly got any protest.

---------------------------------------------------

"Mai Tayi Ammi ko bata dun ki Bhaijaan isiliye shaadi se aaj tak mana karte aayein hain kyunki wo Gay hain" Anabia was walking to and fro in her room with a lot of stress on her small brain.

"Nahi Tayi Ammi bardasht nahin kar payengi" Anabia shook her head in no

Feeling suffocated, she climbed up the stairs to the terrace for getting some fresh air but upon reaching, frowned seeing the cause of her distress with a cigarrete in his hand.

She was not wearing a dupatta and was terrified of Faizan catching her in that state. He was very particular and strict about these things. So, with light steps she started taking her steps back.

"Bia" the voice just put a full stop on all her movements.

If Anabia thought she would easily escape she was wrong

"Ji..ji bhai"

"Itni raat ko yahaan kya kar rahi ho..wo bhi is huliye me" Faizan's heavy voice scared Anabia more

"Wo wo..mujhe khuli hawa chahiye thi...bahut stress ho gaya tha"

"Kis baat ka" The concern in Faizan's voice made Anabia spill out everything.

"Mujhe aapka secret pata chal gaya.....maine aapki baat sun li thi jab aap kisi Zain se baat kar rahe the"

"What.......kaise..room me toh koi nahi tha"

"Mai thee..." Rabia pouted

"Bistar ke neeche.....apna envelope lene aayi thi but sab sun liya..... I am sorry bhai...but mai aapko judge nahin kar rahi hun....it's it's your choice....but Tayi Ammi ko kaise batayenge"

"Khabardaar jo unke kaanon me yeh baat bhi gayi" Faizan threatened in a deadly tone making Anabia shiver
"Ji bhai...kabhi nahi... mai apna muh silwa lungi aap chahe toh" Anabia blabbered whatever came in her mouth.

Faizan nodded and Anabia kept her hand on his shoulder "Aap apne aap ko akela mat samajhein bhai...mai hoon"

Faizan knitted his brows seeing his over emotional cousin but nevertheless nodded .

Anabia smiled and turned to go when Faiz's intimidating voice stopped her again "Aainda se tum bina dupatte ke na dikho ghar me mujhe"

"Ji..ji bhai" Anabia said and ran towards the stairs lest she got hunted down for some other reason.

So here is a small part of a new story.......
Good news : There will be two couples

Aur bonus chapters pichle stories ke aayenge ... bas thoda time dein🤗🤗

RAABTA : A collection of short storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें