A KINGDOM UNDER ATTACK

Theseus looked horrified that an attack had come out of nowhere. He looked at Icarus who spent no time watching; he spent his time running back to the storage room where weapons are being held.

"To arms!" shouted Selket, in a loud voice. Theseus's father drew out a sword after he yelled and jumped from the platform the King and Queen were standing on. He landed near Elaine and Theseus. "Your prize is going have to wait, my son. It is time to go into a real battle before it gets out of hand. Call your griffin friend and see what is going on."

Selket charged away with more than dozens of guards trailing behind him.

Theseus looked at the princess who lost her smile. "Go, my prince," she said. "The kingdom is in peril right now, and you have to save it."

Theseus didn't want to go, but he ended up having to. If he didn't go, there wouldn't be a prize to be won and a kingdom to rule. Theseus signed and nodded his head. He turned around and gave a loud whistle.

A loud eagle's squeaked in the air. Up in the sky was flying of the sun's light was a small silhouette with the sound of winds flapping in the sky. It flew in a figure eight before flying to descend to the ground.

A large creature appeared flying above Theseus. Its massive brown feather wings stretched out dozens of feet and its claws grabbed hold of Theseus like an eagle grabbing its prey. It has the head, body, and wings of an eagle, but it was big as a lion: a griffin.

Theseus's griffin soared down from the sky and caught hold of its master and flung the human over his back. "Thanks for the ride," said Theseus, grinning. "Now, let's get to the top. I need to know what is happening out in the outer fields."

Without a moment, the Griffin soared into the sky and ascended to a great height. Around the Griffin's neck was a scabbard and a sword. Theseus pulled out the sword tied to the Griffin's neck.

From the height, Theseus could see what was going on. He saw many people running away from a large swarm numbers of smaller humans with white beards, colored clothes, and different colored hats. At first, Theseus thought they were Dwarves, but they were rather small to be Dwarves.

The Griffin descended downwind so Theseus can have a closer look as to what the small people were and what they were doing. Once the Griffin got to a low altitude, the small people were plunging and raiding storage rooms and barrels that carried many weapons, and to Theseus's shock, he saw the small people were Gnomes.

There was a large invest of Gnomes attacking the arenas! The Gnomes were the same creatures that killed his mother years before. Theseus had his chance of a clear revenge, but he couldn't let his personal feelings in the way; the Gnomes that did kill his mother did die by the hands of his father.

So, he had no reason to kill these Gnomes since he father already did to the ones responsible. Yet he found it other odd of these Gnomes; they weren't attacking any humans on sight and more of affording them.

The Gnomes were destroying barrels and throwing away weapons they thought were junk. Theseus thought they were looking for something, but didn't know why the Gnomes were tossing away every weapon their hands came across. Every weapon forged in the hands of human blacksmithing is forged to the best of quality and the metal would not go to rust for a century.

But the Gnomes had no interest of any of the swords, spears, arrows, bows, maces, clubs, or any other human-made weapons; they were looking for something that may be better than a human weapon, but they were looking for any humans of the sort; they were looking for a weapon of some kind.

Theseus wasn't going to find out what the Gnomes were looking for; he was going to take the fight to them and stop the creatures before they spread out and cause a big commotion in the Human Kingdom like a plague of a deadly disease.