THE VICTOR

Theseus stood in the center of the arena and dropped his sword to the ground and walked close to the platform his father and the royalty were standing on. Icarus remained on the ground with a heavy bleeding nose. A few people wearing red robes came dashing to the injured Icarus. Theseus looked at his defeated rival who was getting treated for his injuries.

The defeated loser was brought to a sitting position. One of the medics held out a small glass jar filled with purple liquid.

Icarus took no time into grabbing the jar from the medic's hand and drunk the entire jar. Then Icarus's bleeding nose magically faded and his visually injuries and red marks on his face disappeared. Icarus stood up back up and joined with Theseus in the attention of the King's and Queen's eyes.

It was a magic potion the red robed people the people have made. It was made for quick healing for any injuries. Many jars of healing potions were ready for use, but the time to make the liquid is so time consuming and takes quite a while to make. There were human magicians and alchemists to make the healing potion, but even with so many experienced people, it does take time and the right recourses to make a single glass jar.

After he was feeling like the Icarus he was, Icarus gave a disappointed look at Theseus and stared at the King and Queen. He didn't look at Princess Elaine.

Theseus could tell this victory was going to make Icarus go through a heavy trauma in the future and may come back to haunt them both. This was a fight and there had to be a winner. The winner was indeed Theseus.

The crowd was cheering loudly and they were crying out "Theseus" and they were shouting it out endlessly without end.

The cheers came to an abrupt halt when the King raised both his hands. Dead silence again, in order for the King to speak with his clear voice.

"My people! We have witnessed the victory of this final match: Theseus, son of Thens. Theseus has proven himself the worthy fighter of today's matches and fought honorable against his rival and friend Icarus. Both boys, or men, had fought with their greatest skill and compassion.

"Now, through the years they have been fighting with each other, we now know whose skill is the best and right man for the hand of my daughter. Theseus, stand forward."

Theseus took a few steps forward and stood in front ahead of Icarus. Theseus showed a proud yet nervous face that he was trying to hide from the prize of the tournament. He knew the princess was going to be judging Theseus by his face and see if he was ready to take her hand as his future wife and queen.

The Princess walked toward the edge of the platform she stood upon and dropped a white rose.

Theseus caught it with one hand and caught it by the stem. He didn't have to move his body but an arm to grab hold of the falling rose. This was a symbol that he has won the heart of a girl and she was in love with him.

After seconds of grabbing hold of the rose, Elaine walked and disappeared from Theseus's view. She reappeared after a full minute walking on the ground floor, and she was walking from an open gap beneath the platform her parents stood upon.

She walked close to Theseus to where they could meet eye-to-eye. She walked in her royal robes and didn't seem to be bothered of having her skirt touch the dirt on the ground. When she got to Theseus, she was an inch shorter than Theseus.

Theseus quickly knelt down in the presence of royalty and was showing his respect for the princess he'd won the heart of.

"Congratulations, victor," she said, gleefully. "You have won my hand in this competition. And Icarus, you have fought well enough as well. You both fought well enough to win my heart."

The Princess suddenly changed from Theseus to Icarus and saying they both won her heart. This was if she was confessing to them both? Was that even possible? Can the Princess choose both fighters? The final match was supposed have one winner, not two. Yet the Princess was picking two, judging by her own words.

"However, there can be only one man for the throne of the Human Kingdom. Theseus, I choose you to be my future husband and king of the Human Kingdom. You may rise, Theseus, Sworn Prince of the Human Kingdom."

Theseus rose with great pride of hearing the Princess's words. After he stood back up, Elaine raised her hand, to offer herself to the victor of the tournament. Theseus saw great joy in the Princess's eyes and he couldn't think of a better way of winning such a beauty.

Theseus was feeling he was now unworthy of a princess. He felt like more of winning the favor of the king, and he felt like he was kidnapping the princess. But the Princess was surrendering herself to the winner and the winner was Theseus.

Theseus raised out one hand and grabbed hold of Elaine's hand and he walked closer to the Princess and look into her beautiful face. Inch-by-inch, he moved his face closer to the princess's face.

Then their lips were just an inch away from having a kiss. Theseus was going to kiss the princess and have his complete victory over the day's long activities.

BOOM!

A large explosion sound echoed in the air.

Theseus and Elaine suddenly turned away from each other to see where the sudden sound was coming from.

Following the loud booming sound, there were shrieks of people screaming loudly from behind the arena's fences. Loud cries of monstrous roaring echoed through the human screaming.

Then a loud horn of a threating sound hummed in the air.

The horn was clear; the kingdom was attack!