THE NECROMANCER'S LAIR

The four people dashed down the from the castle-sized entrance and toward the inner parts of the volcano. Theseus gripped the Holy Sword with a fierce grip and the Magic Shield tight; Egeria had both her hands on the Divine Bow, one hand on the bow and the other on the bowstring; Garang pointed the Magi's Staff toward the only direction the four face, all jewels pulsing with powerful magic energy; and Beddegelert held out the Golden Warhammer in front of him, ready to take a swing at a giant lump of rock.

The four warriors, or Theseus called them, the League of Ultimate Warriors, dashed down the hallway, which grew smaller and smaller to the size of a regular hallway. They were surprised to see no evil Spirits were in the hallway, and the Necromancer must have thought the army he summoned would be enough to stall for time or slay the League in battle.

But thanks to the army of Dark Elves, the League distracted the Necromancer's army while the four warriors would deal with the villain they were chosen to beat.

After ten minutes of running, the group entered through archway with two dog-gargoyle carved statues leading into a giant chamber with fumes of steam and smoke. Throughout the interior walls hung hundreds of holes puffing out hot air that melt a rock into pure liquid.

At the end was a large gasp of white smoke fuming out like the black smoke from the volcano's top. A giant hole was circled around two stairwells leading up to a higher platform. A strange white figure appeared from the white smoke puffing and a large single mast sticking straight up like a pillar. Next to the mast was a large black figure, but the steamy air blurred the warriors' vision to see clearly.

Theseus and the group walked forward to get a closer look at what the steamy air was covering, but they gasped loudly.

They saw Elaine chained to the mast close enough to the hole of burning fire puffing out white smoke that'd matched her white robes. Next to her stood the Necromancer taking his gaze of the princess to the group entering the chamber that seemed to be the core of the volcano.

"Theseus!" shouted Elaine. Her voice was mugged and drenched from her normal voice it sounded like her throat was stuffed from choking from hot water.

"It seems you appeared without taking damage to the army of monsters waiting to fight you warriors," the Necromancer grunted.

"We had help from an army of Dark Elves, who seek redemption what they chose to do, Necromancer," said Egeria.

"Of course, they did, but no matter. Soon, I will have what I seek."

"You might as well let her go," shouted Theseus. "You hold a girl with no magic power with her, and we the power you thought you have taken."

"You're mistaken, human, this girl doesn't just have any power; she also has a glimpse of my power!"

"What do you mean?" asked Garang.

"The girl has a small fragment of my power of which long ago was taken from my by another Shrine Priestess. More than a thousand years ago, long before your ancestors battled me, I use battled a Shrine Priestess.

"The Shrine Priestess stole a magic power of mine, and I seek to gain it back. The previous Priestess died and taking a small portion of my necromancing magic and had it concealed within her own Spirit, in hopes of preventing me from summoning evil Spirits by the tens of thousands instead of dozens.

"For the pass one thousand years, I weakly summoned by Spirits of the Dead to make my grand army. I hoped that army would have been enough to stall for time, but the Dark Elves just had to get involved, but no matter. One way or another, I will get back my power, and the only way to retrieve my magic fragment back is by the means of a human sacrifice to the Pits of Sin's Devilry."

"Not if we have anything to say about it," said Theseus. The human warrior readied his Holy Sword to attack the Necromancer and save the girl he loves. "Your time ends here where it began."

"No, your time ends here!" shouted a male's voice that wasn't the Necromancer or Garang.

A human figure appeared from behind the Necromancer dressed in silver armor, and a full head in view of Theseus, Egeria, Garang, and Beddegelert; the face was all too familiar for Theseus to remember well and thought he would never see until he got back to the Human Kingdom. 

It was Icarus.