LEAVING THE VILLAGE

After the next location was planned out, the Dwarf and the lizard went exited the room Egeria and Theseus were going to share. Egeria somehow decided to let go of Theseus's sudden interruption of her talking with Garang. She went to sleep beneath the bed's blankets without having to take off her armor, but the only armor garments she took off were her boots and her wrist armor.

Theseus didn't stare at the Elf quickly going to sleep. He removed all his armor from his body, only to leave on a single shirt and pants. He too went to fly after a day's hard work, not before blowing out the candle light onto a little post hanging on the wall.

The next morning would arrive and Theseus woke up to a bright light. The candle light sparked brightly by itself. It was like magic that turned on by itself, or maybe by someone. When he got up, he saw Egeria attaching her wrist armor and boots back to her.

Never minding what happened with her and the candle light, Theseus strapped his armor on his body. They didn't look at each other's eyes while was getting dressed in front of her, and they both remained silent. The silence of them both was silent as a silent graveyard. In a full minute, Theseus strapped all his armor garments on his body in and no talking was done.

Theseus got up, wrapped the Holy Sword around his back, and headed out the door. Egeria followed him, but still remained silent. Both exited the room, and when they went to exit, they saw the Dwarf and the lizard man.

"Had a fun night?" asked the Dwarf.

"Ask me latter," said Theseus.

The Dwarf nodded his head and walked down the staircase that lead to the second floor of the tavern. Garang followed behind Beddegelert walking down the stairs, and on an interesting note, Theseus saw Garang was wearing a hood around his reptilian head. Theseus followed closely behind the lizard, and Egeria descended behind the only warrior holding a Divine Weapon or a Holy Weapon.

The four walked through the lobby to a table sitting in a corner by the entrance. The table was big to fit all four of them, and a mistress in a black maid's clothes brought over a large plate of food. Her hair was black, light tanned skin, and small pointy ears, and her eyes stirred at Egeria.

"Enjoy," the maid said, grimly. She walked away from the group.

"A half-Elf," said Egeria. "The offspring of a mortal person and an Elf. They always despise for High Elves like me; we have immortally, but half-Elves live for only a few hundred years. They have elven skill, but they are vulnerable as a human. But to our food..."

The food was meats and a big plate filled with leafy greens and vegetables. A few fruits of apples, raspberries, pears, and prunes stood in the center of the plate.

"And I forgot my packed food on my Griffin companions," said Theseus.

"Save the food you have," said Beddegelert. The Dwarf dug into the meat and started eating the heavy, juicy, greasy prime ribs very greased with a heavy gravy sauce. "Goona nedd on da patt." The Dwarf spoke with much food dripping from his lips and falling on his beard.

"We have a long ride ahead of us," said Garang. "We better eat what I've gotten from some thieves and a few merchants daring to sell goods and supplies in this village. And we better hurry. I'd come across a few suspicious people. The kind we mustn't run into: humans with animal features."

"Demi-humans!" said Egeria.

"Demi-humans. Half human half animals. They are humans in some presence, but they have animal characteristics. A sense of smell like wolves and hounds, and keen eyes like an eagle's." Beddegelert stuffed down the food his mouth can pile up. He quickly scarfed down the food on the table.

Garang eat fast as the Dwarf, but the Elf only ate slowly. Egeria was an Elf of a forest and dared not eat any meat she ate the salad that was meant for her and the fruits no one was touching. Theseus rushed to eat, but he didn't scarf his mouth with much food. He ate little bits at a time while rushing to eat.

After the rush, Garang piled all the plates in a single file. Then all four got up and exited the tavern they found no fun in at all, but a place to stay for the night.

Outside, the sun was at the peak of the eastern horizon. The neighborhood was the same as it was before. Many people leaning and standing around the plaza's statues or castle-sized mansions.

"Let's go get find trouble before trouble finds us," said a smug Theseus. The human warrior was ready for a fight. And he led the way out of the group of the town and out of the uncivilized village.

The other three followed behind the human warrior. Lucky for them, no trouble came for them. Although, a few prowling eyes of a few hooded figures looked at the small league walking out of town. However, the prying eyes all faded back away as the group exited the town without any incident.

They walked all the way from the village to the outskirts. They walked for a mile or so before four creatures in the air descended on the ground: one Griffin and three Pegasi. The Griffin still had the sacks of food Theseus packed for his journey.

Garang loaded five different sacks on his Pegasus, and the Dwarf loaded three sacks of his Pegasus. Egeria didn't have any sacks since he spent the entire with Theseus in one room like children at a slumber party.

Theseus mounted on his Griffin and the other three mounted onto their Pegasi. He saw the hooded figure moving his staff in the air, and it was glowing dark emerald.

"I have the connection. To the northwest. That's where we'll find the nearest Holy Weapon. I can't tell which one, but there is a connection between the Holy Sword and the one my staff is tracing. Let's follow the trail."

Garang took the lead, and he was quickly followed behind the elven rider. Beddegelert looked at Theseus, giving a wink at the human warrior with a smug look, and the Dwarf took off.

I'm not in love with the Elf, Dwarf, because I'm in love with a princess, thought Theseus.

Then the Griffin flew off and followed after the other three. This time, the Griffin could keep up and fly longer than three hours. It seemed the magic from Egeria and Garang enhanced the Griffin's stamina and kept up with the Pegasi with much more stamina and an enhanced speed the Elf poured from the heart of her soul.