A PLAN

An hour passed since Egeria and Theseus stayed in the room together. Egeria played her lute while Theseus just sat on the single stool standing by the window. He listened to the Elf's singing voice and it was an enchanting voice that could rock a grown adult to sleep. If Icarus was with him, he would fall asleep like a mother rocking her child with a child's lullaby.

Despite just listening to the Elf's song, Theseus remained silent. He just had known this Elf and two strangers for only a few hours and it's now like their friends so suddenly. For relationship bonds, it takes years to get to know, bond, and be friendly to each other like it took him years to bond with Icarus and Elaine.

Theseus wasn't confused as to why three different random people he just met became instant friends; he must be friends with three different strangers he never met.

"So, having doubts?" the Elf asked. Egeria stopped her singing rather quickly and walked up to the human sitting on the stool by the only window.

Theseus stood up on his feet, pulled the curtain to close the window from having people to peek in, and looked at the beautiful Elf gazing in a strange awe in his eyes. 'I'd be lying to say, 'I don't have doubts." Yes, I have am having doubts. I just met a Dwarf, a lizard-man creature I'd never seen, and you: an Elf. I'd never seen any other people or species than human and farm animals."

"Do tell, Theseus, you just made me curious to know more about you," said Egeria.

Theseus gave his full lifetime story to the life. From the date of his birth to the day of current interest, Theseus gave a small summery of his life. The life was in the military from a father who fought a battle in the Scarred Mountains and got a battle wound that inflected a femur bone. His life was basically training daily from blood knuckles to broken bones and armed with wooden stick and shield.

Theseus was trained to take his father's place after receiving a battle wound to the leg. And when he entered the tournament, which was a contest of knowledge and skill, he ended up as number one and his friend, Icarus, in number two. This won the princess and the Human Kingdom as a whole, but not as prizes but to see who could run a kingdom with a decent heart and intriguing mind.

That's all the human told the Elf, and there he stopped.

"That's all, huh? A big day for a win and a bright future for you, only to be interrupted by a monster to steal you from your damsel in a stressful situation. Can't tell if you are a lucky man in a stressful situation or just a man out of his luck."

"I just want to get back to my life after we kill this Necromancer," said Theseus, in an angry tone.

"Don't let anger control you, Theseus," said Egeria. "Negative emotions can change the tone of a human, including you. You may be a descendent of a military family and one of the Four Heroes, but you are still human. Humans are easily tempted and quick to anger."

"I know such thing, Egeria. That's the moral of the military training. 'Do you have what it takes to be in the military? Do you have what it takes to accept reality as it is, that people can die and there is NOTHING you can do about it?' Such questions are asked at the military standard.

"Training not just physical playtime for a human, it is a test of metal state and will power of the human brain. Do we have what it takes to accept reality as it is? All my life, I place my life on the line to know the dark truth of reality, but not once was I told I am a descendant of the Human Hero. A bit overwhelming but I'll get used to the reality of everything. I'll accept the fact I am a hero everyone is going to need."

"I am finding you quite interesting a lot."

"Why?"

Egeria walked away from Theseus to lean on the wall her bed stood at. "When it comes to boys, they always... how would you react... geek out when they see an Elf they'd never seen before. Their brains explode and overwhelmed with the greatest excitement like a boy who got the birthday he'd always wanted and never stop shouting."