EPILOGUE: ONE YEAR LATER

There was loud shouting amidst the treetops of the elven forest. Two people dashed and jumped from different vines and branches of the tall trees ascending hundreds of feet from the ground. An Elf and a human hopped across hundreds of long, widened tree branches with much wood not able to be cut and cut by the weight of a single person; Theseus and Egeria were among the treetops of the Elven Kingdom and hopped across the branches in a contest of speed and ability.

The Elf and human were no other than Egeria and Theseus. They were racing through the forest's treetops, by jumping on branches and kicking between barks of the thousands to millions of trees.

"That is all you have got, human warrior!" shouted Egeria's voice. "I thought you were the human to have claimed victory in a tournament hosted by the Human King and Queen." Egeria knelt on a branch after hopping from a low branch from a low tree.

Theseus landed on a lower branch beneath Egeria's branch of the same tree of about twenty feet away of a lower altitude. "The human tournament didn't have any tree climbing or jumping on branches, Egeria, and this is all new to me."

"Ha! Spoken like a true lacky," laughed Egeria. The Elf jumped to the next tree and to another with a flat platform constructed right next to the tall tree with a wide bark with many Elves dressed in emerald silky clothes and many with long brown or black hair.

Theseus jumped with great strength from the branch, jumping to several branches before landing on the platform Egeria landed on. The Elf was waiting for him to catch up to her, but she was smiling as she clapped her hands.

"It seems I won this round, Theseus, but you manage to keep up with me unlike any other human who may try to play 'Jump the Branches' with me."

"That's because there isn't any human like me, as I am the only human to hold a Holy Sword forged by the gods. That kind of power now lives in me, Egeria. With a few more years of training in this forest, I will be sure to beat you as I did in the tournament, I won a year ago."

"I'll be waiting then, if you don't grow of old age first," said Egeria. She barely made a giggle with a few of her elven friends behind her. Female Elves laughed at her response to Theseus's statement. A laugh worth that human lives are very short compared to an Elf's lifespan of thousands of years.

"Believe me, Elf, all I need is two more years of jumping through this forest, and I'll be sure to beat you at your speed."

"Like I said, I'll be waiting. Speaking of waiting, I'm sure the other two would want to hear about your tragic loss." Egeria nodded her head and walked away. Her friends followed behind her as Theseus saw them walk away.

I already experienced a tragic lost, thought Theseus. Theseus walked through many brides connecting to many platforms among the treetops where thousands of Elves lived and stayed and walked. He walked through many brigs and much brought back memories of the Dead Forest where he and his warriors went the treetops where the Dark Elves lived.

He walked onto one empty platform with only two familiar faces: Beddegelert and Garang. Beddegelert and Garang looked the same, but their clothes were different from which they once worn. Garang wore a white hooded robe and Beddegelert was dressed as a Dwarf of royalty for ruling an underground world where Dwarves live.

"Well, how was the competition?" asked Garang.

"Egeria won by the slightest," sighed Theseus.

"Shame. I was routing for you, but she did live longer than you. Elves were always light on their feet, and they grow up the forests of beauty. But Dwarves always love the underground world where we can hone our big muscle to fit on the fiercest of the most dangerous frontlines of battle." The Dwarf laughed.