THE LEAGUE IS FORMED

Theseus saw the three people with chains made of seaweed and moss tied around their knees and wrists. The leafy chains were all tied down to the rock, which was sliced in half by Theseus's Holy Sword.

The leafy chains burst into a great flame and freed the captures from their imprisonment. The Elf, the Dwarf, and the lizard person rubbed their wrists and legs from the chains that tightened their weight down like a barrel chained to a ship's deck.

The Elf looked at the human holding the Holy Sword in his hand. Her golden hair reflected in the sun's beam descending from the treetop's open spot. Emerald eyes glared with a great cheerful expression to see a friendly face in a forbidden place. "You have my thanks, human warrior."

Theseus bowed his head in response and he looked at the other two figures. The Dwarf and the lizard person looked at the human with cheerful expressions as well. The lizard's mouth, however, didn't look like it smiled or showed any expression of thankfulness; its eyes glared at the weapon Theseus held.

"A human out in here these woods?" said the Dwarf. "How did you wonder why away from home?"

"My home was attacked by an army of Gnomes, and a Manticore. I was right around this tree, hearing about your complaints of monsters attacking your kingdoms. And I'd never gazed upon a Dwarf and an Elf before."

"And one has never seen such a weapon held by your hands, and if one lives long enough; it would be easy to tell you possess the Holy Sword," said the lizard.

The Elf and the Dwarf looked at the weapon Theseus used to stab and push the shark creature of the cliff to a river of rushing rapids.

"It takes a certain someone to know about a certain something else to hold a specific certain item," the lizard continued. "Do you happen to be the heir to the Human Hero who battled against the Necromancer?"

Theseus nodded his head and said, "Yes."

In days passed, Theseus was hesitant to take on the duties of a human warrior to fight an undead ghost. However, his mind was crystal clear; he accepted this duty as he found the three others the Holy Sword gave him the vision to find.

"It appears we all were brought here for the same reason: the Necromancer! We're all descended of the Four Heroes who fought the Necromancer one thousand years ago. It is fate their descendants have been brought together to face this lingering threat and finish what our ancestors started one thousand years ago. Human, I am known as Garang."

"I am Beddegelert," said the Dwarf.

"I am Egeria," said the Elf.

"And I am Theseus," said the Human.

They all looked happy to see each other, though strangely after meeting for a few seconds. They quickly became friends without even having a proper talk of their backgrounds or even their personalities. Strangers from different parts of the world have come together like childhood friends ready to set on an adventure, despite meeting the first time.

"So since we are here, where do we go?" asked Beddegelert.

This question turned everyone's smile upside-down. They were brought together through invasions of Gnomes and Manticores into the swamps, but they had no idea what to do next.

"By the way, how did you get the Holy Sword?" asked Beddegelert.

"I got it from my father Selket, though I doubt you heard of him," answered Theseus. "He serves as the Human King's top military general."

"I can also tell like Garang," Beddegelert continued, "that Holy Sword has the divine power to obliterate darkness. It can turn even bright up a dark cave with only a little glow from the blade."