LOUNGING IN A VILLAGE'S TAVERN

The four flying creatures flown at a fair speed, and the Griffin Theseus mounted flew at a great speed to stay up with the three Pegasi. They flew for long hours over the swamps. The Elf and the Lizard chanted magic words: 

Haec dona altiorem viribus animae viventis!

This magic kept the stamina of his Griffin up to par with the stamina of the three Pegasi. So instead of flying for three hours, the lizard's and Elf's magic enhanced one creature to fly on the horizon.

Through the hours, the four flyers began to lose their sunlight. Nightfall was just a bleak away and there would be no light for them to trend. The timing of the four flying creatures was keeping paste over the land they covered a traveler would take days or weeks to walk by foot.

"You people do know your magic," shouted Theseus, his echo ringing in the air in flight.

"Griffins aren't the best flyers around the world," Egeria. "They may not be the best at long range, but they are the less violent ones. Pegasi have more stamina and can fly with the grace of elven magic. They are only found in the Elven Kingdom. If we ever stop by my homeland, I'll give you one as to saving my life."

Theseus was pleased with this gift, but he already had a Griffin. However, when Theseus looked his Griffin for a response; the Griffin gave a shrug that clearly looked like a "I don't care if you have three flyers" shrug. The Griffin either didn't mind or didn't care if Theseus had a Pegasus at his deposal.

Just at the peak of the suns last sparks of light dimmed over the western rim, the four flyers descended to a small hilltop. The hilltop overlooked a big village with a hundred of buildings and houses narrowly squished together. Narrow streets with floating lampposts lighting above the roofs like a trail of fireflies.

"Here we can recuperate. If I recall correctly, this village had seen recent changes since a former duke of this land struck a goldmine somehow and left his town behind. Since his departure, I believe this village has become a rundown town for thieves and outlaws. Now it's known the Thieves' Guild."

"Thieves' Guild? That's sounds promising," said Theseus.

"A bad place for us to be, but a good place for any poetical spies for the Necromancer," said Egeria.

"We can try to move to the Human Kingdom," Theseus suggested. "There are more than enough villages."

"No, Theseus," said Beddegelert, "we already come this far. It is nearly night time, and winged creatures don't fly so well at night. We'll just find the nearest tavern to spend the night and lock our doors tight."

"The Dwarf is right," said Egeria. "We'll have to make camp in this village and see what to do with our next step. This village is the closest shelter we have, and we don't want to be caught in another battle with monsters. I'd rather deal with thieves and beggars than deal with any more Spirits."

Theseus nodded his head as Garang was the first of the four to walk down the hill descending to the village. "I think I see a tavern we can stay for the night, and it seems to be the best one in the town," the lizard said.

Theseus blinked as Garang walked down the hill. The lizard's eyes must have a keen eye sense to see from afar, and a human's eyes won't be able to see a glass battle from ten miles away. Egeria and Beddegelert followed after the leading lizard, and the human stayed behind the three like a kid playing the "Follow the Leader" game.

In a short time, they reached the village without having to run at a guard post or a logged wall to protect the village from outsiders. A clear walk in or out of the village was a very most appropriate for the group of four to enter the village.