Chapter4

One month later
Abdullah...
Back at school for a month now, I'm lounging in bed with my phone. Just tried calling Asma, but she's out. Don't feel like venturing out today. Yesterday, I finally downloaded Instagram, keeping my promise. Today's the day I'll make my first post."

Liked by @sufyanA and 1,061 others
@AbdullahM
Don't talk just act.dont say just show,don't promise just prove📌
~~~~~~~~~~~

@zarah'u tukur man crush ❤️I'm the first person to comment you promise and you prove."

@diqsa finally bro
@AbdullahM @diqsa bro

@fatima05 welcome I just can't believe you open an insta account your caption is true you just prove it

@sufyanA don't say just show ..show wetin 🙄and where is my picture credit

@AbdulM
@sufyanA  I guess you needed another punch 🤛

@RukkyM ummi boy on insta
@AbdulM @RukkyM please 😬

@Asma'u mine mine and mine only ❤️
@AbdullahM @Asma'u ❤️
View all' 86 comments
^^^^^^^^^^
"I'm exhausted from reading comments. I replied to some, skipped others... Now, I'm counting down the hours until my trip to Nigeria in three days, Insha Allah, for Kamal's wedding in Kaduna."

"To be honest, I don't want to go, but Kamal's a close friend. I'll spend three to four days in Nigeria. Soon, I'll finish school and finally rest."

My cousin Sufyan burst in, "Yo, bro, what's up?"

I stood up from bed, mumbling, "Nothing much."

"Are you guys back?" I asked.

"No, we're lost,"I'm thinking I'll follow you back to Nigeria."Sufyan flopped onto the bed.

"What are you going to do there?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "What kind of stupid question is this? I'm returning home, what else?"

I rolled my eyes, hissing, "Mtsw." I swear..."am gonna punch. I hiss again.

"Don't mind us; we've been like this since childhood," Sufyan, my mom's sister's son, is more than just a cousin. We've been inseparable since youth, our bond strengthened through laughter and tears. Our arguments were frequent, but our love is unshakeable.

"Bismillah, come punch me," Sufyan mumbled , standing up from the bed.

"Ana la' uqatil mae' al atfal," I exclaimed, massaging my beard. (I don't fight with kids).

"Man hu al-tifl huna?" he muttered, stepping towards me, his face mock-offended. (Who's the kid here?)

Sufyan hated when I called him a kid; it always annoyed him. But I loved teasing him.

"Khala's little boy," I taunted, grinning.

Sufyan playfully charged at me, and we both collapsed into laughter.

"Will you tell me what the hell is taking you back home or not?" I asked, exasperated.

"Did I ask you what the heck would take you back?" he shot back, his eyes narrowing.

"I'm going for a wedding in Kaduna," I clarified, "and wallah, you heard me swear, right? If you're going because of seeing that useless girl, you won't."

His expression turned solemn. "I want to see her. You won't understand. I love Maryam a lot."
His voice dropped to a whisper. "I just can't bear to live without her. She's all I think about. There's no one else like her. I can't even imagine myself with anyone else. It's like she's taken over my heart and mind. I don't know what to do."

His words revealed a depth of emotion I hadn't seen before.

"Bro, what's going on? You're really serious about her, aren't you?" I asked, concern etched on my face.
I sighed, concern etched on my face. "You've got to learn to move on, Abdul. There are plenty of other girls out there. You deserve someone who won't toy with your feelings."

Sometimes, I just feel like killing her for playing with your heart, I thought, frustration boiling over. "Ana ukrihuha (I hate her)."

He chuckled. "You love me that much, huh?"

I laughed. "I'm not gay! I hate you!"I turned serious. "Stop calling her, wait for her to call you. Maybe then you'll realize there's more to life than some girl playing games with you."

"I'll help you find someone new," I offered.

He grinned mischievously. "Why don't I find another girlfriend for you too? You should have two, right?"

I burst out laughing. "No way! I'll tell Asma it was your idea."

"But to be honest, Abdul, "do you want two girls or just one?"

I don't know. I'm not promising anything. After all, I'm a man. I can't say I don't notice other girls."

"You really love Asma, huh?"

"Of course, I do," I replied. "But that doesn't mean she can wrap me around her finger, just like your girl did to you."

He  chuckled. "You're right! It's time for me to move on."

That's my boy! I chuckled

He jumped on me , "Say it again!"

I laughed, pushing him away. "I said nothing, idiot. Let go of me. I'm hungry; order something to eat."

Wallah, Abdul, I pity Asma'u. She'll have to cook five pots of food to fill this stomach of yours."

"Who doesn't love food?"

"What should I order, then?" He  asked.

"Burger with milkshake, please," i  replied.

We ordered, ate, prayed, and soon drifted off to sleep.

Vote
Comments and share

Ummeetarh05🌹