Chapter2

ABUJA,NIGERIA
Abdullah...
My plane landed at 3:30 pm, My mother, Hajiya Amina, had sent her driver to pick me up from the airport. Although my parents are no longer together, and my father have  three other wives, I felt closest to my mother. She's half Nigerian and half Bahraini. I have one sister, Rukkaiya, who's 29 years old and married with a daughter named Ihsan. I'm 25 years old and would soon turn 26.

My father's first wife is Hajiya Hauwa, who has two sons, Sadiq and Farouq, and two daughters, Fadila and Safiya.

Hajiya Rabi is the second wife. She has two daughters, Fadila and Hafsat, and a son, Ayman.

Hajiya Halima  the third wife. She has one daughter, Hanan.

My family's home is a very large one, but I know you understand the complexities of a family with multiple wives. No need to go into further detail!

As the car pulled up in front of the gate, the security guard came out to open it. I stepped out and made my way to my part of the house to freshen up. After that, I went to pray in the masjid . As I walked back to the house, I changed out of my travel clothes and into a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I felt comfortable and at home. Then, I headed to my mother's part of the house.

Ummi laqat eadat (ummi I'm back) I mumbled squatting beside her she is on the praying mat."

"Marhaban bieawdatik abnay ..kaifa Almadarasa..(welcome back my son how's school?)she said touching my head
I smiled back Alhamdulillah ummi

Hal dhahabt iila bayt abik (did you go to your father house?)

Laaa ummi jit iila hula awlan...sawf adhab ghadaan (no ummi I came here first.but insha Allah I will go there tomorrow)

Ummi I'm hungry...I whine
The food is on the dining you should go and eat
Laaa ummi linadhhab maeaan (no ummi please let's go together)

"My first language is Hausa, but the truth is I'm not very good at speaking it," I admitted. "My mother is half Hausa, but she never spoke it to us growing up. I don't know why."

After dinner, we went to the sitting room and I rested my head on my mother's lap as she was flipping through the channels on TV. I saw her hand move to change the channel to zee world , and I quickly grabbed the remote.

"Don't you dare change the channel!" she scolded me. "Get back to your side!"

Ummi ana la'afham madha tushahid (ummi I don't understand what you are watching)

"Oh, come on!" I said, grabbing the remote. "

Change the channel or I'll knock your head!" my mother warned, knowing full well she was in charge. I reluctantly changed the channel back. I heard my phone ring and looked at the screen. I smile
as I picked it up. ummi zawjak yunadi (ummi your inlaw is calling)

"Hey, get off my lap," my mother said, shooing me away. "

Sweetheart I exclaim

Yes my boo have you arrive already

Yes baby now have you been
I'm fine Alhamdulillah

I'm glad you're okay, honey. I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, my sweetheart," she responded "Did you just get home? Are you tired?"

I took a deep breath. "I'm exhausted, to be honest," I admitted. "But I'll make sure to come see you tomorrow.what would you keep for me?

"What did you want me to get you?" she asked, and I could tell by the sound of her voice that she's smiling.

"Just your heart," I whispered.