Chapter10

Zarah...
After Abdullah dropped me home, I never heard from him. I can't initiate contact.I confided in
Ama, sharing every detail. Fareeda, and Ama were   thrilled, constantly asking if Abdullah has called.

As for Farouq, I accepted him since Abdullah seemed to have forgotten me.

Returning from deluna with Farouq, I stopped by Ama's at 4:00 pm.

"Did I tell you guys that the next day after Aunty Ramla came back, she scolded me like hell? Why would I carry her turban.. Chuchu is  being hypocritical, claiming I took earrings... I knocked some sense into him."

That night, I visited Aunty Ramla's room, behaving like an obedient child.

I sat on the floor, handing her my list.

Zarah, am I your playmate? You and your lists..."

I didn't leave until she agreed to transfer N10,000 and gave me N1,000 for a recharge card.

"Honestly, if she gets married, I'll miss her dearly."

Just then, my phone beeped, showing Abdullah's message.

"Who hurt my beautiful Zarah and made her sad?"

My heart skipped a beat.

Please give me that suya Ama said

You know what koh tsafi kikeyi I'll not give you

You also have a boyfriend, right? Why don't you call him?"

I scrolled through Instagram, checking Abdul's account first. He'd deleted two pictures   the one with his girlfriend and the solo kaftan photo.

I posted a recent picture of Ama and me, breaking my posting drought.

My story update read: "The one you love the most is the one who will hurt you the most." So true, I thought.

Five minutes passed, and my phone beeped with a message from Abdullah!

I let out a happy scream. "Wallah, I never thought he'd talk to me again!"

Ama glared, "Zarah, are you insane?"

But I didn't care; I was too excited.

She  squatted beside me, curiosity winning.

The message read: "Who hurt my beautiful Zarah and makes her sad?" with an angry face.

Butterflies swirled in my stomach.

"Should I say...?" I asked Ama, hesitant.

Tell him someone else,let the conversation flows :

Abdullah: Who's that person that hurt you?🥹

Me: I just broke up with my boyfriend today.

Abdullah: Why?

Me: I found out he's cheating on me.

Abdullah: Oh no! That's terrible. I feel your pain.

Me: I loved him a lot, but...

Abdullah: Don't tell me you're crying over him? Send me his number; I'll teach him a lesson!

Oh god, please forgive me for lying, Ama! You got me into this!

Just play along, Zarah!Ama whispered this is the chance you've got.