Chapter20

"Abdul iidha ant kdlk alzawaj 40 sanat aimra'a(so Abdul you're marrying a 40 years woman)
He didn't look up from his phone but he answered him

Haqana lays laday fikra (really!! I don't have idea)
He turn the screen facing me.
Sorry! He's playing game.

"Oh, I understand," I said, pouting, while Sufyan let out a chuckle.

"So, how's the day going? What did you plan for us?"

"Nothing!" I pressed my lips together, looking at him

. "Nothing? Are you serious, Zarah? Why nothing?"
How boring are you, Zarah?. "We have to celebrate this day! How about I take you out and give you a special birthday treat?" he offered, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

I nervously smiled at him, "Okay, then, thank you." Just then, Abdul asked Sufyan something in a low voice, and they both burst out laughing, which really annoyed me. "These two can't be trusted.

"The pleasure is mine," Sufyan mumbled , "So get ready around 9 pm, and I'll pick you up." He end up the call, leaving me contemplating whether to go out or not.

I wondered, pressing my lips together, 'What's going on with Abdul today?' He hasn't call or texted me again. I shrugged it off and went about my day, taking a refreshing bath and heading to the dining room for breakfast."

"Later, around 8:40 pm, I walked to my room to find the perfect dress. 'A gown will do,' I thought, selecting a beautiful long floral black gown and pairing it with silver high heels. I quickly got dressed, and Aunt Ramlah did a lovely light makeover on my face. Despite her previous miscarriages, Alhamdulillah, she's pregnant again. She expertly tied a turban on my head, and I walked back to my room, spritzing a bit more perfume and putting on my iWatch."

"I snapped some photos and sent them to Abdul, also posting a few on my Instagram story. I settled into bed, waiting for Sufyan's call,  'It's already 9:30 pm...'

"My phone shrilled in my hand, and I thought it is Sufyan, but Abdul's name flashed on the screen, causing a frown to crease my face. I rejected the call, knowing he is probably calling because he saw my pictures. Some men are shameless, always pursuing you when they see a good photo."

Sufyan called, saying he is outside waiting for me. I quickly told Aunt Ramlah and rushed to the door.
I opened it, I spotted Abdul's black Mercedes pulling into the estate with pitch-black tinted windows. He stepped out, leaning against the car with his arms crossed, looking effortlessly handsome in his jeans, black long sleeved shirt, Gucci shoes, and black face cap. His glowing skin and pinkish lips are a sight to behold."

"I stood there, looking around as if searching for something else, when Sufyan's call came in. I answered, and he apologized for not being able to make it, but mentioned that Abdul is there to take me instead. I frowned at that, thinking it is all a prank. I walked towards the car and slid in without saying a word to Abdul."

"As we pulled out of the area, I sent him a few glares. 'So you're not going to apologize?' I asked, irritated by his pride and attitude. Abdul always acted like a girl, hardly speaking to me unless I initiated the conversation.

"Apologize for what exactly?' he questioned, arching his brow with an adorable smile on his face."

"For ignoring me the whole day!" I poked, using the Yoruba phrase "Mr. Igberaga"annoy him.