Lovely Morning

Jeno woke up with the sun blinding through the curtains in his plain galaxy themed room. He loves the stars and all those astronomy stuff if you can't tell by now.

He yawns and stretches his body fully on the bed, his thin blanket falling off the bed a little bit. He sits up and wears his glasses as he rubs his eyes and blinks trying to focus his vision.

He gets up and picks the thin blanket up before folding it neatly on the bed, he fixes his pillow and goes to the closet.

He barely has anything to wear, and he's not exaggerating. He mostly has hoodies, sweatpants, shorts and two or three shirts.

It's not like he can't afford them, it's because he's not the favorite child in front of his stepmother's eyes.

His biological mother had died when she gave birth to him and his father had remarried himself to a lady who had a son the same age as Jeno.

His father works hard for them and has a job as a seaman, to Jeno's dismay, he often doesn't go home and the boy misses his father everyday.

His father did make sure to send letters or contact him whenever he can, Jeno always cherishes those times and the letters since he barely sees him, He's the only one who cares about him after all.

Jeno finishes up in the cold shower and changes into his clothes for school, which is some dark washed jeans, a hoodie and not forgetting his mask to cover up his ugly face.

He puts his glasses back on and arranges his bag, he shivers at the cold wind breezing through the window and closes it shut.

He wasn't able to shower in hot water today or well, almost any day. His shower didn't have that option nor did he wake up in the right time for it.

His stepbrother, Donghyuck, had used up most of the hot water and also has the privilege to a lot of things. Most likely everything.

Jeno sighs and goes downstairs heading out the house, he doesn't have the mood to eat again since he knows his stepmother is home for today.

He looks at the parking lot of their home and sees it empty, Donghyuck had probably used his car again, but it's not like he'll let his stepbrother go near his vehicle, let alone offer him a ride to school.

Jeno walks to school like he always does, he though, doesn't forget to feed the stray cats he passes by everyday and helps the old lady open the bakery.

He smiles and waves at her as she gave him a bag of Ensaymada, "Mrs. Kwon, I can't accept this," he pouts and giving the bag of bread back.

Mrs. Kwon shook her head and pushing the bag back towards Jeno's chest gently, "I told you Jeno-yah, I insist," she smiles as Jeno nodded reluctantly.

He sighs and smiles, "thank you Mrs. Kwon," he bows, the old lady laughs softly as she pats his head and nodded at him.

"Always my pleasure Jeno," The said boy chuckles and waves once again before proceeding his way to school, he sees a few students hanging out in the parking lot and also sees his stepbrother's car.

He ignores them and goes straight inside, heading towards his locker so he could get the things he needed but only to be shoved onto the floor when he accidentally bumps into someone's chest.

"Stupid Jeno, can't do anything right," he thought to himself as he tried to pick up the person's stuff, but then suddenly got lifted up forcefully and pushed into the lockers.

He was about to apologize but then sees who it was, Caramel brown hair and muscled body showing through the shirt, it was no other than Na Jaemin, school's quarterback.

"Lovely morning to ya," Jeno sarcastically said as Jaemin glares at him.

"You broke my rolex!" He growls, and Jeno turns his gaze towards the watch on the floor, it was indeed a bit broken, but who cares? It's a fucking watch.

"Sorry, but you bumped into me," he emphasized, he doesn't really care about the watch, but he does care of his poor spine hitting one of the locks and his precious time to get his stuff.

Jaemin tightens his grip, almost making a choking motion until a voice was heard, "Jaemin," they both turn towards Donghyuck, standing there with his bag on his shoulder, "let's go, we'll be late." He glances at Jeno for a second.

Jaemin huffs and shoves Jeno towards the locker again before letting him go and grabbing his stuff on the ground before leaving.

Jeno sighs as he grabs his stuff on the ground, his breads were luckily clean and he walks towards his locker to put them in it.

He takes his stuff that he needed for his class and rolled his eyes at the thought of Donghyuck.

Nobody actually knows about them being stepbrothers, not even Donghyuck's friends like Jaemin for example, no one but themselves. The both of them planned to keep it that way.

Jeno didn't want any unwanted attention on him, He's already having enough of that at his night job anyway, but still, he doesn't want anything to do with the attention he gets from school. When there's attention, there's drama.

Donghyuck, on the other hand, doesn't and Jeno quotes, "known to be related with a loser," at school, or well anywhere to be exact.

They despise each other, though Jeno doesn't know why this started in the first place, he just wanted to be friends with his stepbrother the moment they met, but the latter only made some snarky remarks and shoved him away.

Jeno enters the classroom and apologizes for being late, the teacher scolds him for having no reasonable explanation of his attendance and his classmates laughs at him as he just stands there letting it all happen.

The teacher lets him go to his seat, saying that "this is another warning, though, the millionth one at that," as he just nodded along.

He stumbles a little when someone puts their foot out in the way, he regains his composure and heads towards his seat as his classmates snicker at him.

He doesn't glance at them and just looks out the window, he was about to doze off but the teacher's voice suddenly interrupts him, he jolts on his seat silently as he looks in front of the room.

He sees a petite boy with dark hair standing besides their teacher, "everyone, this is your new classmate, please be nice to him," Jeno fought the urge to roll his eyes.

Be nice, yeah right, no one is barely nice in this fucking school, well for him atleast.

The teacher then proceeds, "kindly introduce yourself to the class," the boy nodded before stepping two steps forward.

He bows and looks straight at them, "Hello everyone, I'm Huang Renjun, please take care of me," he smiles.