Lucky You

The teacher nodded with a smile as she looks around the room, "you may sit next to Jeno," at the sound of his name, he panics and shyly raised his hand a bit.

Renjun was about to visibly scoff at the pathetic hand since it's literally at the very back of the classroom and he can't even see it properly, but then softens when he saw his seatmate looking down with his hood up.

He nodded and bowed once again before heading towards his seat, he sees his seatmate scooting away until he hits the wall and plays with the hem of his hoodie.

He sits and smiles at him after placing his backpack down, "Hi," he waves. He gets confused at how his classmates start to whisper and laugh at each other, seemingly gossiping.

Jeno, however, only nodded at him and looks back at the window, it's not because he's rude, but because he doesn't really trust people these days.

Fortunately, Renjun understood as he only smiled and looks back at the teacher who's proceeding the lesson for today, Jeno stares off and was about to fall asleep.

The sound of the students screaming and the teacher yelling at them when the bell rang indicating class is over, he jolts up and rubs his eyes as he looks around to see the room almost empty.

Renjun stayed a bit and arranged his stuff in his bag, he then sees Jeno standing up at the corner of his eyes and goes to stop him, "wait!"

Jeno flinches at the sound and looks at Renjun, he tilts his head, still refusing to speak first. Renjun smiled and stood up slinging his backpack onto his shoulder.

He hands out a few papers being clipped together, "take it," he said, Jeno flickers his eyes between the papers and Renjun, the boy laughs airily and nudges it towards him, "I noticed you didn't took some notes and fell asleep a little bit."

Jeno nodded and hesitantly taking the notes with his eyes still on Renjun as if the boy was going to attack him anytime sooner, the elder took a step closer and he flinches before moving back.

Renjun bits back a smile, "Sorry," he apologizes, "but I insist," he nudges it and Jeno slowly takes it.

"Thanks," he mumbles quietly before turning on his heels and walks out of the classroom. Weirdly enough, Renjun had caught up to him.

"Hey," he smiles and walks beside him, Jeno looks to see people looking at them as they whisper and he looks down fixing his mask.

"So–"

Jeno abruptly stops and turns towards Renjun, "listen," he starts, "if you're here to make fun of me, do it later or something, I'm too tired for it," he snaps.

Renjun bites the inside of his cheeks, "well lucky you, I'm not," he said, Jeno was confused and he continues, "I was confused at first as to why they stare at you in a mocking way, but when we walked out and how you acted made sense."

Jeno raised a brow and Renjun took that as a sign to continue, "why don't we talk about this while eating? I'm starving," he whines.

He successfully and surprisingly made Jeno laugh, he smiles when he saw the raven haired clutching his stomach as his eyes turned into moons.