The Quiet

Just wanted to give you an idea of Tae's view (Imagine he's standing on a hill and  a house behind him, and he's facing fields below him like the photo

Just wanted to give you an idea of Tae's view (Imagine he's standing on a hill and  a house behind him, and he's facing fields below him like the photo. Ignore Mr Darcy lol. But this is the general vibe rn)

When Taehyung opens his eyes the first thing he realises is how terribly cold he is.

He's clad only in some sneakers, sweats, and a grey hoodie. But once he gets past the way his body is shivering he looks out to his surroundings.

Oh shit.

His breath is taken away the second he sees it all. He's standing on top of a hill maybe, or some part of land, and from where he's standing he can see fields. Fields as far as the eye can see, with trees and flowers and bushes here and there gracing the scenery.

The sky is still mostly dark, but the sun with its orange morning rays is beginning to peak through some of the trees. It must be super early in the morning because a slight fog coats the fields like a blanket, only adding to the beauty of the whole scene before him.

Taehyung exhales and sees his breath form before him into a little cloud before disappearing. His eyes can't seem to look away from it all. The cold makes him wrap his arms around himself, but he daren't move. Not yet. He is never awake this early, and never in such a beautiful place to be able to enjoy such stunning visuals. God, this air is so crisp. He takes a strong breath in and on the release he somehow feels content.

He has absolutely no idea what this life contains, but this view. Wow, it was everything. He continues to stand there, watching how the sun is still yet too shy to peek up, and how the blanket of mist moves ever so slowly.

That is until he suddenly feels a blanket being draped over his shoulders.

Taehyung doesn't react, and instead wants to act like he belongs in this life. "Thank you" he mumbles out instead, eyes still glued to the tree line.

He feels arms around his waist suddenly with a chin hooking over his shoulder.

"Felt you getting up" a low voice speaks out, having clearly just gotten up too.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" Taehyung replies, obviously not remembering any of this since he had just joined this life.

"S'kay. You know I love coming out here with you at this time. One of my favourite things".

Taehyung smile at that. This man must love him too, since this was something he loved doing.

"I could never get tired of this view" Taehyung whispers out, feeling like the whole scene and the time of day deserved a peaceful and quiet tone.

The man behind him, unhooks his chin since he must have been too short to do so comfortably and instead presses his cheek to Taehyung's arm instead. "Good thing this is your reality then huh"

"Yeah" Taehyung breathes out shakily, "Yeah".

"I wanted to talk to you" the man says.

"What about?"

"About what we've been arguing over the last few days".

Taehyung panics a little, having no memory about this whatsoever. Does he dare risk it?

"Remind me.."

He can feel the man sigh out, his warm breath falling upon his arm. "Don't make me feel about it, honey".

"I just.."

The man suddenly stands in front of him and Taehyung is able to look at him for the first time. He is so completely the opposite of Namjoon. He's shorter than Taehyung, has pale skin. His hair is black, his eyes a little more narrow. He looks fragile, but also like you shouldn't cross him.

He's wearing his own grey hoodie, with the hood up which Taehyung had to admit made him look quite cute. Taehyung doesn't have a type. At all. But right now, if he had to say he had one, this man could be very close to it.

Taehyung felt like he wanted to grab him close and protect him.

"Look, I was wrong. It's your painting. If you want to sell it then sell it. I was being selfish by wanting to keep it. It's not mine to be making decisions with. I just know we spoke about opening up our own hall or gallery or whatever  one day. With our art, and I thought that that painting could really have been the staple piece and I just.."

Taehyung got brave, having experienced one life already. He didn't want to waste time in being shy or holding back. "It's okay" he says, cutting him off and cupping the boys cheek. He can feel the cold coming from him, and how ridiculously soft his skin is. "You were right. Let's keep it".

The smile appearing on the man's face was enough to melt Taehyung's heart. Oh god, he was so cute.

"Really?"

"Sure. I trust your professional opinion. You know more than me I'm sure".

"Yeah right" the black haired man scoffs, nuzzling against the hand on his cheek. "Thank you though. That means the world to me".

"Mm" Taehyung nods once with a smile.

It's still dark, and cold, but oh so beautiful. The sun began to slowly peek out from behind the trees and with his man on the forefront of it all, Taehyung couldn't help but stare.

"What is it" he asks in a whisper, noticing the way Taehyung was looking at him.

"You're just... beautiful. Do I tell you that enough?"

The gummy smile appears once more, followed by a nod "For sure. Every day".

"Thank god". He deserved to be told this. Again, he felt braver in this life and he needed to figure out the kind of relationship they had. So he decides to lean in to press his lips softly against the boys. He doesn't remember Namjoon. Not really. The gallery took care of that. He just knows to be brave.

His mouth is soft and so so cold, but Taehyung wants to kiss him more. Their warm breaths coat each other's skin providing a small sense of comfort from the crisp cold air that otherwise envelopes them. He's not that brave to fully kiss him yet though and pulls away a second later with a smile on his face which the black haired boy mirrors.

"Come on" he says, grabbing Taehyung's hand in his "I'll make you some coffee".

Ah so Taehyung drank coffee in this life.

Also painted. He was an artist. The guy must be too, since he spoke about some kind of art hall. So if he had done an art degree he would have ended up actually being an artist, and he would have had a life here, with this guy?

What else could he find out about this life?

Merry christmas !