[ Chapter 43 ]

*play song*

Y/n's pov.   

" Who did it? " I asked.

" If I tell you then your going to loose it " he said.

" It was Trevor wasn't it? " I asked.

He gesture his hand is 'obviously'

" I thought you had him " I look up at him.

" Our agency are not the ones who's handling him " he said.

" Then who? " I asked.

" The FDA " he said, I snicker.

" I should've known " I said.

" Hey " he grabs my hand.

" Everything is going to be handled " he said.

" My dad was killed ten minutes ago " I said.

" Soon " he said.

" This is the only time I have ever spend time with my dad and the only cliche place can it ever be is the hospital " I said.

" We're going to be involve in this case and I we will try everything we can do to get him " he said, I snicker.

" I bet you guys are just shoving popcorn's down your throat " I said.

" Y/n this is not a movie you watch or a book you read as you sit back and relax, this is real " he said.

" Are you sure? " I asked.

" Not a hundred percent " he said, I scoff.

" We'll try our best, I'll have Katelyn to update you " he said, I nodded.

I wipe my tears away and sniff my stuffy nose.

" I already called Chase and he had already called the others but I think you won't care since they haven't seen this side of dad " I said.

" Especially mom, she's the person who made him like this " I said.

" So it's about her huh? " He asked.

" Everything is about her only if she hadn't left, she's a mother, I'm a mother, and now I'm going to abandon my daughter and she's going to blame everything on me when she's older " I said.

" Her addictive mother who always find a way to get her hand on any painkiller she can find to numb the pain " I cry, Zenix pulls me into a hug.

I cry on his chest while I feel his hand caressing my head.

" Penelope won't hate you " he said.

" You don't know that, you don't know yet " I cry.

" You also don't know if she's going to blame you " he said.

I ignore and just cry, he calm me down and soon enough I pull apart when the door open, I wipe my tears to see Nadia entering.

" Am I interrupting something? " She asked, I shake my head.

" We have a lead, the security camera showed Trevor ran away with a red ford mustang car twenty minutes ago heading down Jefferson street " she said.

Going down Jefferson street using your red mustang car Trevor?, Bad move.

" Y/n, does that ring a bell to you? " Nadia asked, I shake my head.

" No " I said.

" Okay, I'll be there in a few " Zenix said,  Nadia nodded and leaves the room.