Chapter 30

"Logan?"

"Yeah?" I respond from the kitchen.

"Come here for a sec."

I switch off the stove leaving the sizzling bacon in the pan as I head towards my room. As I enter all I see is the photos from the stalker scattered around my room.

"That's my arm Lo." I take the photo from her hand and in it I have a goofy smile stretched across my lips as I stare into the camera, around my shoulders is someone's arm with a friendship bracelet but the person seems to be cut out.

"That's the friendship bracelet we got for each other on our first day of senior year."

"Oh my God, you're right Kristy, but who took that photo?"

Turns out I wasn't hallucinating Kristy a week and a half ago, she was here all long, ready to leave her family for a week just to help me, it's taken longer but she's still here, trying to figure out who this person is that's been tormenting me through the years. I didn't want her help but when she questioned me about it, I couldn't lie to her they were out in the open.

In the last week and a half, she's managed to get me off the Adderall, suffered through my irritability and mood swings, forced me to eat when I refused, comforted me, reassuring me when the guilt of my actions became too much. Kristy has been through this with me before and just like in the past, she refused to leave my side until I was back on my feet.

"Didn't Lan take it?" I ponder for a moment, trying to recall that day, but he didn't take it. I'm sure of it...

"Let me see that photo again." I inspect the photo and as I suspected around my waist if you look carefully, you can see the tips of someone's fingers. That's the thing about these photos, I didn't bother looking at it, really looking at.

"He didn't take it. It could've been his parents or his sister."

"I can't see a twelve-year-old doing this to you." Kristy deadpans, I suppress a laugh shaking my head.

"My mind didn't even go there, Kris."

"It could be his parents." She shrugs nonchalantly.

"Funny."

A comfortable silence surrounds us and the need to break it overcomes me. We haven't spoken about her son or Mark for that matter. Kristy hasn't brought them up focusing all her time and energy towards helping me figure this out and I'm grateful but it's selfish of me not to ask.

"You never did tell me about that gorgeous son of yours by the way." Her lips lift into a soft smile at the mention of her son.

"His name is Aaron, he's a naughty little shit most of the times but he can also be very sweet. He's an absolute handful but I can't imagine my life without him." Kristy smiles fondly and I chuckle.

"When did you find out you were pregnant." The smile slips from her lips and I go to apologize but she holds up her hand, silencing me.

"The day I showed up by your house, you were busy packing everything up and your hand was covered in blood, well I found out that morning."

"Kristy, I'm... I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you when you needed me." I look at my hands in shame, unable to look her in the eyes.

"Lo you were going through so much and I knew it but I took the test three times that morning and I was freaking out, I didn't know what to do so, I told my mom and she of course got so angry, telling me how ashamed and disappointed she is. I knew you would understand, and you'd be able to give me the advice I needed moving forward but I got there, and you were packing, a blind rage overcame me and I snapped." Kristy pauses, wiping away the stray tear.