22.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾🐿☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

͙⁺˚*・༓☾🐿☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After hours of doing seatwork and interactions with classmates, lunch finally came by for the students. Mirai, Jinhee, Beomgyu, Huening Kai, Soobin, as well as Yeonjun, were all gathered inside the music room to spend their lunch together.

Besides them discussing their day, the main topic was about Kang Taehyun.

"So I'm not the only one who thinks Taehyun has been acting kinda weird lately?" Huening Kai asked, waiting for every else's response.

Yeonjun, unaware of the situation like always, didn't understand what Kai meant. "Why? What's up with our King?"

"Apparently he's been more active in class and even helps provide for other student's needs," Jinhee said while Beomgyu added on to her response, "Yeah, I heard about it from some students passing by. It looks like the whole school noticed"

Yeonjun bit his lips and slowly rested his back against the chair. "What a god"

Mirai watched at how everyone seemed to like this new Taehyun, but she still had her doubts about his sudden change. "W-Well how do we know that he isn't just faking it? We all know that he acts as he cares but he doesn't truly feel that way"

"That's true but knowing him, it's not like he can put up a facade forever," replied Kai.

"I agree, he would've gone back to his carefree self days ago"

From hearing Beomgyu and Kai's' responses, Mirai sighed while lowering her head, "I guess you're right..."

They were right for a few things. If Taehyun were to play around, he wouldn't do it for such a long period of time. That boy doesn't like doing needless things if it involved so much effort in doing so. So if anything, all of his doings right now are real.

----

Eventually, the school ended and Mirai was already starting to pack her belongings.

"Finally! Boring history class is over" Mirai beamed, rushing to put all her notebooks in her backpack.

"Now that it's the weekend, wanna go to that new bakery shop down the street?" Jinhee asked as she patiently waited for her friends to finish up.

"Yeah! Let's go check it out!" said Beomgyu.

Right when Mirai was about to give her response, she remembered what her father told her several days ago. The thought made Mirai's smile fade away.
"Sorry guys I can't, my dad doesn't want me hanging out after school anymore"