Chapter 45

The two women settled in their seats as they placed the bags filled with everything a baby could want and need. They had also bought a pair of new heels and lingerie for Aiyana to wear.

Having bought burgers for their lunch the women had now finally settled to engorge on their meals. Aiyana had found Sierra's company easy to keep. Conversations were light as they talked about shoes to shows and everything in between.

"Aiyana..."

Aiyana could hear the need in his voice. He did not have to tell her what he was thinking about. The deep timber of his voice did the talking. He was aroused.

"Baby... what are you wearing?"

"Why don't I come over and let you see it?" Aiyana teased.

Chris' voice dropped a tone lower as he whispered against the cell phone, "Baby I am wearing a pair of jeans and nothing else. My body is wet with sweat as I walk around the restaurant watching over the chefs. I will soon be tasting their gourmet meals. Each flavor will be an aphrodisiac inn itself. Do you need me to paint a better picture for you as incentive to come here?"

The playful gaze turned to smoldering green as she imagined Chris exactly he described. She uncomfortably pressed her legs together, feeling her core get wet. Darkness danced in front of her eyes as her arousal began to taunt her body to life.

"Benny boo. I am with Sierra. We are having lunch right now. I should be finished in 20 minutes. After that I am driving there. I will change into what I just shopped for you and you better be in the exact condition you described when I walk in. Finally, baby, keep a jar of ice cream handy. I am feeling ravenous right now."

Chris laughed as he responded that she had a deal and said, "I love you, my beautiful angel."

"I love you too, my pervert."

Turning to face Sierra, Aiyana blushed.

"Sorry that was Chris."

"I could tell."

Sierra laughed. But, her laugh held to it tinge sadness. One that Aiyana recognized.

"I know this probably none of my business. But, are you fine?"

"Yes"

"Are you sure?"

Sierra sighed. She wanted to talk about it and even though she knew this was a bad idea she could not help herself. She wasn't sure if it was the fact that after long time Sierra had someone who looked at her as more than a vessel for his child or just the genuine way in which Aiyana smiled, but she spilled her guts.

"I envy you, Aiyana."

"Why?"

"You have two men wrapped in your little fingers."

"Two?"

"Have you not seen the way Sky looks at you?"

"Lol. Sierra that's called being annoyed."

"No. He looks at you differently. Like he cares. Like you mean something to him."

"Of course, he does I am his friend. And besides I am not special lady he fusses about all the time."

"That's true but I am not the special lady either. Ruth is."

"Well you can't expect to compete with his child, Sierra. That's irrational."

"No, I don't. It's just that with me it's all about do this or Ruth would have a problem. Do that or Ruth might get hurt. Take care of yourself for Ruth."

"That's how fathers are"

"Yes, but I don't know. I would like a conversation where I was heard. Where his eyes were on me and not glued to my belly. Where I did not feel ignored. Don't me wrong Sky is great. He is very careful and to be honest he is a lot happier than he was before I got pregnant. But, I also know that I do not to him. I can't expect something like what Chris and you have. That form of adoration only comes from love and Sky already loves somebody else. But, I just want a conversation. I want a little attention. And I know that makes me needy and probably a horrible person. But, it makes me sad that I don't have it. Ever since I got pregnant I am reduced to being Sky's wife and a fucking uterus caring a baby. This right here is the first real conversation I have had in a while. I do not understand why but marriage is such a lonely affair."

Aiyana looked at Sierra with pity. She knew what Sierra was going through. She had seen it happen to Sierra with her own eyes. She pitied her. Sierra deserved better than the man Sky was right now.

Aiyana knew Sky was trying but it was not enough. He had changed a lot. He was hardly ever cruel now but still, Aiyana felt that being ignored was just as cruel are harsh words. Intimacy and love were the foundation of a relationship. Despite being an abstract concept it was needed. If, only for a little while.

Aiyana decided in that moment that she would speak with Sky about this.