Chapter 56

Chris woke up to the sound of water running and Aiyana singing.

"You... you like driving on a Sunday,

You... you like taking off on Monday,

You're like a dream,

A dream come true..."

Chris stepped out of bed to walk into the bathroom to watch her or join her he wasn't sure yet.

Aiyana turned to face the door when she heard it open, watching Chris eye her like a bowl of meat. She smiled and curled a finger to invite him to join her. No sooner was he by her side than she slid her arms around his neck, her lips moving against his earlobe as she began singing again.

"I... Just a face you never noticed,

I... am just trying to be honest,

With myself, with you, with the world."

Chris moved his hand along her spine, with his eyes closed enjoying the sound of Aiyana's voice laced with that of the trickling drops of water, engulfing them in their own little world.

"You might think

That I'm a fool for falling over you

So tell me what can I do

To prove to you

That it's not so hard to do..."

Aiyana pushed herself back to look Chris dead in the eyes as if trying to tell him something with the intensity they held.

"Give love a try... one more time

Cause you know that I am on your side

Give love a try... one more time."

"You are perfect...mi amour"

Aiyana's eyes went wide open as if in surprise. She always had that expression. Each and every time he praised her. Like she could not believe that Chris could feel that way about her. It hurt him every time but he knew it wasn't on his account.

Chris leaned down and kissed her nose.

"Aiyana!" Scarlett knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yes, love?"

"Can I come inside or are you having sex with Chris again?"

Even though Scarlett had tried to sound like she hadn't been crying again, the little crack in her voice gave her away.

"I will be out in a minute, Scar." She turned to Chris with a solemn look.

"Go be there for your best friend we can have sex later."

Aiyana kissed Chris' nose and went out as she wrapped a towel around her body.

She found Scarlett sitting on their bed, with tears running down her cheeks. Aiyana immediately sat beside her wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"What happened?"

"Can we go outside and talk? I don't want to watch that Romeo inside in a towel or worse."

"Hey he looks pretty good, both with and without it! But fine lets go out in the living room. Do I get to put on clothes or am going in a towel?"

"In a towel."

"Okay your royal highness."

With a tub of ice cream placed between them Scarlett began to cry.

"What went wrong?"