Secret revealed

"Ok so I know it's not ok to snoop but you left and then I left and well....there was yelling and door flying so who would not try to see what was happening." I mumbled out soflty. I was looking anywhere but his face, the floor was beautiful with all the interesting patterns in the wood. To my suprise he let out a soft chuckle and wrapped his arms around me to give me a hug. It felt amazing but I was a little less comfortable around him after all that I had heard. He noticed that I did not relax into his embrace and let out a sigh while rubbing his hand trough his thick black hair.

"Gen, you overheard some things that need explanation. I have more stuff that needs to be dealt with and things that you need awnserd. I'm sorry you had to see me that way but believe me when I say that it was necessary to talk to her that way." he sounded bone tired and I felt bad for him. I pulled him into me and gave him a soft peck in his neck. I felt him relax in my hold. " I know you just had a...loud argument but I would really like to know why and what is is about. Was she really suppose to marry you?" I sad in a small voice.

He stepped away from me and gave me a sweet kiss on my lips and my forehead and then started to explain this giant mess I apperently walked into and saved him from.

" We are shapeshifters that turn into wolves but there are many different kinds of shifter animals. Most shifter animals that are the same stay in packs together and over time the different shifter packs started to grow. The wolves are the strongest shifter packs and everything else is underneath us in strength. We are the strongest shifter pack of wolves and Harper is from a pack of wolf shifters their pack is much weaker then ours. They wanted us to marry so we could create the biggest shifter wolf pack in the area. But I was never sold on the idea. I dont trust them they have some weird ways of dealing with shifters and other things. There are rumors about their pack that I don't want to get into right now. But her Father is the Alpha for a while now and he has been trying to convice my father to get us married to each other to combine our pack and become the biggest and baddest pack there is. He only wants power and I'm afraid its a trap we are walking into. My dad just wanted me to be married and happy because normaly you meet your mate earlier around sixteen but I never found you. He was afraid that I would never find you and I had to find you before you turned eighteen or I would have been stuck with her."

I had a feeling there was more to this story that he wasn't telling me but I would let it slide for now. He was to distracted by his thoughts to even notice me planning ahead and trying to get the awnsers he had not given me yet.

He looked back down to me and gave me a sweet smile and I felt my lips lift up in response but my mind was swarming with questions and doubts. Something was not right here and I needed to figure out what it was.