𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒

—

"NO YOU DO IT LIKE THIS." Damon corrected, we were currently in the woods and Damon was teaching me some fighting moves. "Okay, we've been here for like an hour can we take a break?" I asked him taking deep breathes.

"Fine we can take a break." he said I let out a sigh of relief and sat down on the ground. "So I've been thinking...I don't know anything about you but yet you seem to know a lot about me." I said to Damon, he looked over at me.

"That's true, what do you wanna know?" He asked looking down at me. "Well first of all where you're from," I said, "Mystic Falls." he answered.

"Mystic falls? Never heard of it." I shrugged, "How old are you?" I asked him. "Twenty-three...in human years," Damon said, "What about vampire years?" I questioned.

"One seventy-eight." he answered, "What?! One hundred seventy-eight years old?! You're telling me you've been dead for one hundred seventy-eight years?! When the hell did you die?" I asked him shocked. "I died in 1864 along with my brother." He said.

"So your brother is also a vampire?" I asked him and he nodded. "Wow, well how did you die?" I asked "Me and my brother were shot." he simply answered I could tell he was uncomfortable talking about it so I let it go.

"So how do you know me?" I asked him curious. "Well I knew your mom back in the 90s beautiful women," he said smiling at the thought. "And she was great in-" he started but I cut him off.

"Woah! Okay too much information I don't need to know that." I cringed at the thought of those two together. "So you knew her, that's how you know me?" I asked him.

"Yeah after our little...night together we kept in touch even when your mom married your father, and no she didn't cheat, your dad knew me as well and we were friends, she told me all about you and your bloodline," he explained. I nodded and urged him to keep going.

"When I found out your parents died I was upset, you know they were my friends, I came looking for you knowing you were probably alone and hurting and when I found you i-" he explained but I cut him off mid-sentence feeling anger build up inside me.

"You killed me." I said angrily.

He looked down ashamed, "Yeah, but I wasn't planning on it, I had this plan where I was going to tell you about me and give you the choice of turning or not but when I saw you...you just looked so much like your mom and I was still upset and I-I killed you and I'm sorry." he explained sadly.

I stood up, "Look I get that they were your friends and that you loved my mom but that doesn't help the fact that you killed me, I'm dead okay? Now because of you I have to live with the fact that I'm a monster!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me taken aback by my sudden outburst.

"You're not a monster, vampire or not you're not a monster you haven't killed anyone last time I checked only people who have killed are monsters." Damon said but that didn't help me.