𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

—

"ALRIGHT WHAT DID YOU BRING?" Deaton asked as we finished filling up 3 tubs of ice. "Um I got my dad's badge, Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand so I tried hammering it out a bit, still doesn't look great" Stiles said holding up the badge.

"Well it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning" Deaton said, "is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac asked Allison who was holding a silver bullet.

"My dad made it, it's kind of a ceremonial thing when one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the code" Allison explained.

"Scott?"

"My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital, she used to say it was the only thing in their marriage that ever worked" Scott said looking down at the watch in his hand.

"Ok the three of you will get in each of us will hold you down until you're essentially...well dead. But it's not just someone to hold you under, it needs to be someone who can pull you back, someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether" Deaton explained.

I stepped back knowing I didn't really have that connection with anyone...or so I thought. "Emily...you go with Stiles" Deaton said giving me a small smile. I froze and looked over at Stiles who looked as shocked as I was, I gave him a small smile which he returned.

They got into the tubs slowly letting out deep and shaky breaths. Isaac stood over Allison, Deaton over Scott and me over Stiles. Stiles turned around giving me one last look and I gave him a reassuring smile and he turned back around going into the tub fully.

"By the way if I don't make it back and you do you should probably know something, your dad's in town" Stiles said and Scott put on a shocked expression and let out a shaky breath.

The thought of Stiles not coming back makes me sick, I couldn't imagine not having him here. We stood over them and gave each other a look and Deaton nodded. I put my hands on Stiles's shoulders and pushed him under slowly, I didn't want to do this I mean I was basically killing him.

I've never killed anyone and I didn't want to, especially Stiles. I held him under until I couldn't hear his heart beat anymore and I let go, my hands weren't freezing since I couldn't feel anything.

I dried my hands and went over to Lydia, "Do you think they'll come back?" She asked me and I looked over at her and sighed. "Hopefully" I said and stared at the tubs, they were dead...for now.

I saw Deaton in the corner drying his hands and I went over to him, "Hey Deaton can I talk to you?" I asked him and he nodded, we went into the hallway.

"How did you know?"

"It's pretty obvious" Deaton answered and I opened my mouth but nothing came out.