The Man In The Hoodie

Chaerin went inside her apartment before proceeding to Jiyong’s. She needs to give his jacket back. Reminiscing on what happened last night, she becomes nervous to meet him today. There were moments where she felt that he was trying to kiss her but she keeps on brushing off the idea. Truth is, she’s insecure and afraid. Insecure of his past and afraid to jump in to an emotional relationship with Jiyong whom is more or less like her. Was broken and torn apart. The only difference between them is, she had her closure and he hasn’t.

“There you are~” Chaerin take his jacket from her bedroom. She’s been hanging it there because she like to see his item hanging around in her room, she feel ‘close’ to him. Yes, she really needs help.

Mid way of reaching the main door, she suddenly stops and rushes inside to her wardrobe. She took another jacket, the jacket she worn in her sleep while she was drunk in New York and places both of the jackets side by side. They’re identical, exactly the same. No wonder she felt familiar with the jacket. She hangs Jay’s jacket back and take Jiyong’s with her.

Punching in the codes, she steps into his apartment and act as usual.

“Hey~” she greet him casually whom is watching television comfortably on his couch.

“Oh, you came…” Jiyong replied without looking at her.

“Yeah, it’s cold outside~” she talks about the weather.

“Yeah…” she frowns at his behaviour towards her. Jiyong is acting indifferent towards her.

“Are you okay?”

“Perfectly fine….” He lied. Since last night, he had been plotting on how to make his move towards Chaerin. He doesn’t want to look too needy and desperate so he chose to be more subtle and relax which is what he’s doing right now. But, all Chaerin felt is lack of interest from his side.

Chaerin sigh “Okay.. Well, here’s your jacket…”

“My jacket?”

“Yeah, the one I wore when I was sick..”

“When?” he finally turns to look at her and pretend to not remember a thing. Yes, he needs help as well. His courting skill has downgraded.

“Are you kidding me?”

“Oh right~~~ that time~”

Chaerin is seriously turned off by his action. From anticipation, she’s now irritated by him.

“Whatever…” she throw his jacket at him and proceeded to the store room feeling a little bit bitter by his action.

“Yah!” he yelped and catches a glimpse of her behind before she disappears with her earphone in her ears to the store room.

He takes out his ipad and takes a look at the web he saved for tips on courting a girl. He surf into countless of information and tips last night and absorb everything.

‘Am I doing it right? Intro doesn’t look so good just now? What should I do next? Oh… tease her and make her laugh? That’s easy…’

He scratch his head and start locating Chaerin, usually she would be at the guest room first as a starting point. He comes in and jumps on the bed that she just tidied.

“What the hell? Jiyong! I just did this bed….~” Chaerin pull out her earphone and discover a smirking Jiyong on the bed.

“Why are your eyes so puffy and your face so bloated? Had too much food last night?” he chuckles thinking that it was funny and will make her laugh. Already irritated with his nonchalant act earlier, usually she would respond at his remarks but now she’s just annoyed.