The Shocking Truth

“You need to rest well Chae…”

Jiyong hold Chaerin’s hand and lead her inside her apartment. She looks so pale. Jiyong glance at the clock hanging on her wall. It’s 2a.m.

It was hectic just now at the hospital, people starts showing up when the clock strikes at midnight. His parents came, Teddy came, Dara and Minzy came with their partners. It was overwhelming and it pains everyone to see the faint smile forming on the Lee’s face.

The operation finished 15 minutes after midnight, but Seunghyun’s condition can only be confirmed if he’s able to wake up on his own.

“He’s a fighter for sure, if he’s able to wake up tonight, there’s nothing to worry”

“If not?” Chaerin swallow hard. Someone has to ask and that someone is her, it’s the reality they have to swallow no matter how bitter it is and they need to know all the options.

“We’ll discuss when that happens, for now.. Let’s just pray.. All of you need to be strong for him..” the Doctor leave them with encouraging smile.

Jiyong saw how Junghwan was obviously troubled by that fact. Needless to say about Bom, she leaves the scene not wanting to show her emotion in front of Seunghyun’s family. Then there’s Chaerin, who just stand there expressionless. Jiyong cannot read her blank emotion.

One by one they start to leave the premises. The last one to leave was of course the Lee family, Youngdon and Jiyong. The doctor had to reassure them that he will call them if Seunghyun wakes up.

Jiyong sits Chaerin on the couch. She has not said anything since just now. Jiyong drove her car and was told by Junghwan to take care of Chaerin.

“Jiyong, can I trust you to take care of my daughter?”

“Of course uncle, I’m sorry this happens”

“It’s okay son… I need someone to look after her, she may look that way but she’s troubled inside.. It would be hard for her to come home, she will dwell on her sadness, I don’t want that to happen…”

“Don’t worry too much, I will take care of Chaerin, uncle….”

Jiyong brushes the fringe off her face and cup her face. He is kneeling in front of her and looks into her gloomy eyes.

“Chae… Have you eaten yet?”

Chaerin shift her attention to Jiyong.

“Are you leaving me?” her words struck him. There’s pain in her voice.

“Everybody is leaving me anyway, mom, Soohyuk, Tabi…” Chaerin chokes. She pushes Jiyong’s hand off her face and tilts her head to the back.

“If you’re leaving me, just go now… before it’s too late…”

With that, Jiyong stood up and stare at her.

“Chaerin, what am I to you?” he is clearly hurt by Chaerin’s words just now.

Only silence pass by them, Chaerin is staring at the ceiling. Those words just pass through her mouth without thinking about it.

“I understand you’re hurt right now, but don’t treat me this way… Don’t push me away Chae.. Please say something”

Another silent moment.