The Confession

“What are you doing here?” Chaerin is beyond shocked when she saw Soohyuk standing in front of her door. She opens it when she heard her doorbell rings thinking that it was Bom after receiving her text saying she wants to come to her place to talk about Dara.

“Chae~”

“Leave, I don’t want to talk to you..” Chaerin close the door but Soohyuk successfully prevent her from doing that.

“I just need a minute~” he look into her eyes. Chaerin stare at him with anger after what happened last night, he is the last person on earth she would want to see today.

“What” she fold her arms and stand firmly in front of Soohyuk giving no sign to let him enter her premise.

“I’m sorry for what happened last night~” he glance at the light bruise at the corner of her lips and the scratch on her neck and closes his eyes.

She shows no change in her expression and throws away her gaze to someplace else.

“I lost it last night Chae, I know I have no right to ask for your forgiveness… but I am truly sorry.. I was drunk” he sigh.

“Yeah, blame it on the alcohol” she scoffs and continue when Soohyuk brush his hair lightly. “I never knew you would do something like that to me Soohyuk, I can’t look at you the same way anymore…” Chaerin sounded so disappointed that it breaks his heart.

“I understand…. Truth is, I still have faith on us.. But I know, after what happened last night, chances are it will never happen. That’s why I came here to apologize before I leave this place, before I leave Korea…” he said.

Chaerin was taken aback when he heard Soohyuk mention about leaving and stay silent. Her expression softens a bit.

“You’re leaving?” she said slowly.

“Yes, to Paris..”

Part of Chaerin felt a little bit saddened by that fact but she’s relief to know that Soohyuk is finally moving on with his life. They stay silent for a while, not knowing what to say to each other in that situation.

“Chae?”

Both of them turn to their side and saw Jiyong carrying a plastic bag glaring at Soohyuk.

“Didn’t you process what I said last night?” Jiyong march forward to Soohyuk. Chaerin is alert with Jiyong’s posture that looks like he wants to attack him.

“He’s just leaving, oppa” Chaerin quickly stands in between them and block Jiyong by placing her hands on his chest. Jiyong stops when he heard ‘oppa’.

Her touch seems to calm Jiyong and he look at her briefly before turning his attention back at Soohyuk. Soohyuk studies the behaviours in front of him and can read the situation instantly.

“I’m sorry for everything” Soohyuk exchange his gaze at both of the person he lost in one night, a good friend and his love.

Jiyong scoff and shakes his head while Chaerin turn back to face him.

“I wish you luck for your future~” Chaerin mumble slowly.

“Take care of her” Soohyuk smile weakly and pat Jiyong’s shoulder before leaving the couple alone in the hallway.

Jiyong trail him with the corner of his eyes until he completely disappear from their view.

“Are you okay?” he turns to her. He can’t help but glance at the slight bruise on her lips.