The Chaerin Effect

Chaerin is the farthest behind upon entering the Lee’s resident. Given a chance, she wanted to flee away from the scene. The awkwardness and the tension she can sense between Jiyong and Jay is killing her. Bom is assisting Seunghyun to enter at the front while the two men is strutting in front of her, one carrying Seunghyun’s luggage while Jiyong is carrying the groceries they bought for tonight dinner.

Even the car ride was in dull. Chaerin tried her best to brush off the tense between her and Jiyong in the car by making lame jokes and cute antics. She knows Jiyong is uncomfortable and doesn’t want to be in the same room as Jay but she still has no idea why and what exactly they talked about that led to this aggravating situation.

“Oppa, you just rest since you might black out all of a sudden, we certainly doesn’t want that to happen…” Chaerin lighten the situation soon after Aunty Choi greeted them all with enthusiast, happy that the boy she’s taken care since he is still in diapers is alive and kicking.

“Don’t treat me like a handicapped Chae, I’m fully capable of smacking you~” Bom slap Seunghyun’s arm while all the men broke into laughter.

Chaerin smile while glancing at Jiyong and Jay who seems normal for a while there.

“Since today is a special day, I’m going to prepare dinner, what do you want to eat?”

“Anything that doesn’t kill me…” Seunghyun reply.

“Haha.. very funny..” she lifted the two plastic bag that were rested on the floor by Jiyong when he helped Bom to rest Seunghyun on the couch.

“Oh, Jay… you were bragging about your cooking the other day at the party… would want to try your Crème Brule that you hold pride to…” Seunghyun jokes.

“Oh, Bommie, don’t blame me if Top come running to me afterwards…” Jay replied with Chaerin unable to hold her giggles due to Jay humour. She’s a fan of his humorous character.

Jiyong just rolls his eyes over the lame jokes.

“A woman should never carry heavy stuff” Jay takes over the groceries from Chaerin hands making her fluster while glancing at Jiyong who is giving them a piercing stare.

“Where’s the kitchen?” Jay nudges at Chaerin acting nonchalant over the whole ordeal.

“Ah.. umm.. there…” Chaerin disappear into the kitchen with Jay, making Jiyong uneasy in his seat. Jay on the other hand wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity to be with her alone. He knows it’s wrong to feel this way but the way he see it, he hasn’t done anything wrong on the surface.

Bom sense Jiyong agitated face “Ji, why don’t you help them in the kitchen.. I need alone time with Seunghyun as well…”

“Ah… yeah, okay noona~” his face lighten up again. Bom just smile giving him the eye.

“Bommie… you stay here..” Seunghyun mumbles quietly resting on the couch laying on her lap protecting his injured head with a pillow. Bom strokes his hair gently.