The Family Affair

Jiyong was worried that it would get awkward between the two of them just hanging out. Yes, they have spent time together but it was all with purpose. The fake date, the contract and car ride to the doctor and so on but never have they spent time together for the sake of just hanging out like now.

It is unusual, instead of wine, they sip on orange juice and instead of just having a talk, they play jengga which is Chaerin’s idea. Sitting on the floor side by side, they seem so close with each other.

“Your move~~~~~~please fall please fall please fallllll” Chaerin mumbles while her eyes closed, this is their third round and it’s getting more intense. Jiyong is so good with this game that she feel intimidated by him.

“Shhhh, stop pressuring me…” he stares at the block and carefully removes the middle part.

They made a deal, when it’s getting more intense they will call out whether the other person will succeed or not removing the block. So if the person succeed, the winner get to ask the loser a question that must be answered.

“Yes!!!! I’m GD, baby… I get to ask you a question~” Jiyong smirk.

“There’s nothing you haven’t ask yet~” she rolls her eyes. It’s true, they have asked every possible question about the other person from questions like “have you ever farted in public before?” to “When was your first kiss”.

Except… “Who is Soo hyuk and what is his connection with you?” Jiyong asked and he couldn’t help but notice the slight change in her expression.

"What?"

"I'm just curious... you remember when you splashed me? He was there...."

“Oh..."

"Are you okay with this question?"

"Yeah... he's just someone from my past….” Chaerin said while putting up a bitter smile. She knows sooner or later this question might come up so she’s not too surprised. Instead, she was expecting this long ago.

“That’s not good enough~” Jiyong glance over the wall and saw the clock indicating that it’s 30 minutes to 5am.

“He’s my ex….” She said flatly.

“Hmm” he nods. He is itching to ask about what he saw at the café but that going to raise another question.

“He’s my bittersweet memory and will remain in the past…” she explains to clear the air.

“What cause your break up?” Jiyong trying to get more detailed information.

“Hmm… Maybe we’re in love at a very young age, so when difficulties come to us, we didn’t know how to handle it well.. But I can say, he thought me a lot of things and I’m really grateful~” Chaerin stare blankly ahead, reminiscing.

“Have you ever…. Missed him?” Jiyong asked.

“Well, not him… but the feeling of being love and care by someone… sometimes.. Yeah, sometimes…”

“You’re capable of finding another man… why don’t you? Still not ready yet?” Jiyong ask her.

“I’m waiting for you to make a move~” Chaerin said with a serious expression before bursting into a big laughter. She had no idea how her words just now made him speechless.

“I was just kidding~” she giggles giddily in contrast with her feelings inside. She almost confessed to him. Chaerin pull her hair into a messy bun while Jiyong is watching her and trying hard not to say anything that might ruin the moment.