Nightmare

Attempt 1

-

Tanaka gasped as he shout out of bed, wincing as he did so with a pounding headache from the back of his skull. He quickly checked the phone again and realised it was his old phone when he was still in high school.

A wet rag fell from his temple as he sat up straight. His eyes were strained as curtains was blocking his window. He noted that it was a Monday and it was 8 in the morning.

He groaned as the hotness was still wrapped around his head.

How...

He pinched his own cheek testing if it was a dream but certainly was not since he could feel the pain from the pinch. Besides, the warmth emitting from his body was not one to joke.

"Ryuu, are you awake?"

The tatami door slid open revealing his sister clad in a sweatshirt and shorts with a tray filled with food in her hands. She stepped in and laid beside him while prompting him to relax.

He stuttered when he noticed her hair was longer.

"N-nee-san?!"

"Shut up. Now eat this porridge."

She gently laid out the bowl beside him and stood up while dusting off. "I've already called your teacher and informed them you're not coming in today so focus on getting well." She perked up when she saw his phone and took it with her hand.

"No playing with your phone. You need to get well soon for practice."

Tanaka was still in a daze. He was trying to fit it all in his thoughts. So I went back in time?!?!

He wanted to ask her a question until she got up and left to get more groceries. "Just sleep and get better Ryuu."

The sound of a door closing could be heard followed by the revving engine of a car. Tanaka's face was morphed into one of confusion.

"EEEHHHHH?!?!?!"

-

Tanaka Ryuunosuke was not a genius.

Almost in everything he does he was not one to be praised for academically. All of the shits he's done relies on pure instinct.

So when he found out he's somehow in the past, he didn't know what to do.

Wait wait wait. Wait a fucking minute. How did I get here?!

He tried to resist the pounding in his head as he slowly ate the porridge that was placed beside him. He swallowed the last portion and sighed while sitting up for a while.

He also noticed that he had a fever. He remembered how instantly after the Shiratorizawa match he gained a fever and he had to stayed in for a week. The accident didn't helped him much either.

Wait.

His eyes widened in realisation.

(Y/N).

He tried to get up and stumbled on his feet. His breath was shaking as he leaned on the wall for support and dragged his feet along the tatami floors to get to the house phone.

His eyes started to water just from the pain that was surrounding his brain and from the sheer desperation that threatened to break his heart if her former girlfriend was still alive.

"Gah!" He grunted as he stumbled and fell against the floor. His hands pushed against the mats as he tried to support the weight of his upper body.

Tanaka's vision were swirling around. His headache was worsening by the second as he clawed at his own forehead. He gritted his teeth in pain as his toes curled from the waves of pain that was washing over his own figure.

He tried to fight it but he wasn't strong enough.

The universe wasn't going to let him have his ways.

Tanaka blacked out.

-

He woke up with a groan as a cold sensation was over his forehead. He glanced around the dark room as he was laying in his futon once again. He could see the lay out of a figure that was leaning while sitting cross legged from the side of him.

He strained his eyes against the darkness when he realised that the tv in his room was still on and the faint noise of the news anchor speaking over the screen resonated in the room.

(Y/N)?

He tried to sat up but his own arms staggered and he fell back on the bed while grunting.

He took in deep breaths while still staring at the figure with a soft gaze. His eyes became lidded and his expression formed a frown at the thought of seeing (Y/N) again.

He doesn't give a fuck about how he went back in time. All he wants is to see her again.

Tanaka's orbs widened in disappointment as he let ot a shaky breath.

"Enno..."

The brunette was in casual clothes as his arms were crossed while dozing off against the wall.

Tanaka let out a soft smile at the sight of his friend as he directed his gaze upwards.

He wondered where she was right now. He really wanted to see her right now. He still have to figure out about this sudden timeline but now he felt the sudden urge to see her.

The sound of the news had attracted him as he glanced over at the tv screen. It was 6.45 in the morning he had seen on the screen.

"An accident had occurred in this early morning with the probability of it happening it last night. A passerby had reported a body laying recklessly in the middle of road covered in blood."

He gazed at it like it was nothing and continued to listen to the woman.

"It was said to be a hit and run."

His blood ran cold.

"A woman deducted to be in her early years had most of her body covered in bruises possibly from the force of impact."

His breath hitched.

"It was said that the victim had been unconscious for a long period of time and the chances of dying due to blood loss was very high."

The screen showed a video of a body that was covered with a sheet that was escorted into an ambulance for further inspection. A hand was dangling from the sheet.

His lips quivered at the sight of the familiar moon bracelet.

"We wish for peace for this young woman and hoped that the culprit would be caught soon. Further information will be aired this evening."

His hand was shaking as his heart was enveloped with fear.

"(Y-(Y/N)...?"

He passed out.

-

Attempt 1

FAILED