Whereabouts

Where was Nishinoya during the 'Attempts'?

"I'm not sure about this..."

Ukai sighed. "I know its asking for a lot especially concerning your little brother." He slid over the small bottle on the table to her hand. "It's just for precautions."

Yui pursed her lips and let out a sigh. "Are you sure this won't effect Yuu in long terms?"

"Of course. It only lasts for a day."

The woman rubbed her temple. "I'll be taking my leave now." The bleached male stood up from the table and grabbed his jacket.

"May I ask why is it so important for you to make sure that Tanaka stays in confinement?"

Ukai stopped in his tracks. He glanced at the woman over his shoulder.

"Her parents are....difficult."

She gulped nervously at the vague answer.

-

"I'm home!"

Yui flinched at the loud voice and quickly stuffed the small bottle in her apron pocket. "Little bro! You're back."

The libero waltzed into the kitchen. "Yeah. Just got back from Ryuu's." His eyes caught popsicles that was freshly out if the freezer. "Woah! Did you just made those?!"

He quickly snatched one and held it in the air as if it was a present from heaven.

"Y-yeah! Just for you. Why don't you take a bite?"

"Uwaahh!! Thank you so much nee-chan!" He hurriedly ate one in two chomps.

She held a grim smile with her eyes closed as her heart thumped loudly.

This would be the first and the last time her sister would try to drug Yuu ever again.

What happened to Oikawa when he texted Suga about the cremation?

Oikawa tightened his fists as he clenched his teeth.

"What?" He asked in a menacing voice.

Nakamura sighed. "They said they decided to cremate her instead." She rubbed her face while sighing heavily. "And they told me over text."

His breathing started to become dangerously heavy. Nakamura noticed and she went over to him and held his shoulders. "Hey hey. It's okay." She rubbed his shoulders in a comforting hold.

"We'll figure things out."

He sucked in a harsh breath. "No we can't..."

The manager gulped. "You don't know that Tooru. Calm down I'll just ring up the lawyer again-"

"NO WE CAN'T!"

Her breath hitched at his loud voice. "We can't save her! Her parents fucking paid the lawyer to overthrow the statement!"

The setter pushed the brunette away from him in anger. "You knew about that! You called them yourself! And you're gonna tell me to calm down?!"

He fell to the floor with his hands clutching his face. "My bestfriend is about to die..." He spoke in a broken voice. "And I can't do anything to help."

Nakamura clenched her fists. "...I'm sorry." She grabbed the file and placed it on the table near him.

"I lost the case."

Oikawa eyed the file with shaky eyes and he stood up properly. He pulled out the papers in said file and began to eye them one by one.

"I couldn't get custody over her."

The setter looked over to Nakamura who pulled out a cigarette.

"I tried everything."

He felt the world crash down upon him. Nakamura lit up the cigarette and began to smoke.

"We lost."

Oikawa was silent. His face didn't held any expression as he placed the papers down. A silence ambiance soothe over as the setter walked out of the room. He closed the door with a soft click and he pulled out his phone in slow movements.

Mr. Refreshing

Her parents wanted cremation

Oikawa slid against the wall and onto the floor. His phone buzzed and the setter picked up the phone call.

"What do you mean they wanted cremation?"

The brunette didn't reply. His mouth opened but no words came out.

"Oikawa-san?"

He let out a shaky sigh and bit his lip.

"We lost."

His voice quivered in a low whisper as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"...what?"

A sob erupted from his throat as he repeated the two dreaded words that he had heard all his life.

"We lost."