One-sided

Attempt 6

-

He gasped as he jolted out of bed. He couldn't get used to the rush of rewinding even though it was the sixth time she had died.

He groaned in pain and rubbed his temple. His theory of Happy Death Day had been true. It kept rewinding every time his girlfriend died.

He cursed himself for being so pathetic. The past four times he had failed by passing out. His fever was the biggest obstacle that was preventing him for getting out of bed in the first place.

Tanaka took the phone and turned it on. It had been a habit for him to check the date for proof of Happy Death Day. The current second year remembered how the female protagonist had planned out to avoid her death and he decided to do the same.

So now he had to try his plan.

To save his girlfriend.

Of course it had sounded simple. Just call her using the phone in his hand right now but it can't be helped since she would-

"Ryuu, are you awake?"

-come in and take his phone.

True to his words Saeko swiftly grasped his phone and held it in her hand.

He clenched his teeth as slowly took the bowl and began eating the porridge. The last time he had tried to ask her sister to give him his phone but let's say it just ended badly for him.

So now he had to wait for his sister to get out of the house. After hearing the cue of the revving of her car, he lied back and tried to make minimum moves as possible.

He tried to pretend he was asleep.

Why?

Because the last time before he fainted,

someone was in the house with him.

He didn't know who. It was certainly wasn't his parents. They weren't due until next month. It wasn't his sister since she just got out of the house.

What creeped him out was that the intruder wasn't commiting any kind of thefts.

Instead they went into his room.

So now he wanted to find out the identity of said intruder. Just by laying down and closing his eyes.

So that's what he did.

He could hear the gates of his front door unlocking and it being creaked open. Faint footsteps trailed down the hallway that lead to his room and his door was slid open.

Tanaka was tempted to open his eyes but he wanted to wait at the right moment since he could pass out at any moment. The stranger had stepped closer to his lying figure and kneeled down beside him.

Tanaka almost jolted when he could feel a hand laid on the top of his forehead and he could hear a sigh.

"You're so careless."

His breath hitched at the voice.

...Chikara?

The brunette only stared at Tanaka with mixed feeling swimming in his eyes. He stood up and laid his bag against the wall and he went into the kitchen.

Tanaka opened his eyes. He was confused at why his teammate was here. He was confident that none of the team had visited him personally. So why-

The sound of footsteps prompted him to shut his eyes close. He had a feeling that there were something more behind his sudden visit.

Especially if he had came unannounced.

A cool feeling spread on his temple when a wet cloth was gently laid. "You worry me so much."

Tanaka internally sighed as he felt drowsy at the coolness that had soothed him. He could feel himself slowly being carried to sleep.

"If I had known sooner," Ennoshita's voice snapped him back to reality. "Maybe it would been different."

The brunette chuckled sadly.

"No wonder I was so mad."

Tanaka's breathing had slowed down as he was lulled into a calm state. He now was only waiting for his close friend's words-

"I'm in love with you Tanaka."

His thoughts were cut off. It went silent in the room as if Ennoshita was waiting for his answer. Only the sound of their breathing could be heard.

The brunette let out a relieved sigh. "Thank god you're still asleep." He rubbed his eyes that was starting to tear up. "Can't believe you stole my heart you fucking dumbass."

The shaved male was at loss for words. His thoughts had stopped working. A hand caressed his cheek.

"But it's okay." A tear trail down his the brunette's cheek. "You have (Y/N) now."

He let out a choked sob and he cupped his mouth. "And I was too late." His hands gripped the futon.

"I love you so much Ryuu."

Tanaka's consciousness slowly drifted to sleep as he could hear the low sobs from his friend. He had never thought about his friend's feelings.

He blamed himself for being selfish.

But he can't look back.

For now his main priority is to save (Y/N).

He had to push his friend's feelings away.

As the world revert once again.

The same news anchor rang in his ears.

A low being had dragged themselves above.

A sacrifice for (Y/N) (L/N).

One of it being Ennoshita Chikara's love.

For Tanaka Ryuunosuke.

-

Attempt 6

FAILED