Chapter 11~ 'We Fight for the Future of Narnia.'

The moment Peter left Lilith to change, she no longer felt okay. When he had vanished from sight, her thoughts became clearer and, well- what on Earth, or Narnia, are you to do when you're 99% sure that you're falling for a High King of a magical land?

Perhaps falling for someone because their gift was unbelievably thoughtful or the best you've ever received was a little irresponsible, but what was to be done?

Besides, the sword really was beautiful; it's quality and elegance matched that of the armour that was laid out before her. The coat-like gown fell just below her knees once she'd slid it on, it's material was a dark green (so dark she'd thought it had been black at first) with a twisting, silver, vine-like embroidery decorating it. There was a thick, leather belt that seemed to protect most of her torso with a sheath attached to it, in which her sword, unsurprisingly, fit perfectly into. On top of that, she pulled on the light chainmail breastplate and finally, a dark red riding cloak (she had a slight suspicion may have been a certain someone else's), added after for comfort and warmth.

Her hair was already braided to the side, but that wasn't the only thing Lilith had made sure was out of her way that morning. She'd woken up from an hour of broken sleep with a head full of worried thoughts about whether or not she was qualified to do this. She had only been training for a week, after all. She was from the suburbs, for goodness sake. She had never even liked P.E. at school, never been on any teams or even watched many medieval films.

There were countless things she'd wished she had done back in England, many things that could have prepared her even slightly more than a week of training.

But, when she saw herself in the old, cracked mirror that was set in the corner of the room, she didn't see herself making up excuses to avoid P.E. or sat in bed with a bowl of popcorn watching FRIENDS. She saw a girl out a movie or pages of an epic novel who looked like she'd kick ass on any battlefield against any villain that faced her.

It turned out that with the right outfit and weapon at their side, anyone could look like they belonged in Narnia. Now, Lilith just needed to prove that she didn't just look the part, but that her heart was in it, too.

She only wished her parents could see her now.

~~~

"I just thought- we'll have more time, won't we?" Edmund spoke as he rode out with his Army and brother. Cair Paravel was a good half an hour or so behind them by now, and the clouds sat above them, heavy enough to hide most of the sun's rays, but unthreatening for the moment.

"Why would that be?" Peter asked, glancing to his brother on Phillip to his right.

"The rain from last night will've made the marsh that they have to cross even worse. They'll be getting stuck."

"Wouldn't it be worth sending a Griffin ahead to check?" Lilith suggested from Peter's other side after accosting that it was more practical for her to take a separate horse for such a journey.

"To alert the Giants we're nearing? A wise plan to aid the enemy." Candren spoke up bluntly from not far behind. Peter was about to speak up to defend the girl beside him, but Edmund beat him to it with something annoyingly compromising.

"Or we could send an eagle," The Just King suggested, "they're more discreet."

"I shall select one to do so." Oreius agreed, bowing his head and subtly dragging his cousin from the Kings and Lilith.

"You forget who you speak to, Cousin. They are our Kings and She-"

"Is nothing but a soldier."

"You know that is far from the truth, Candren, do not act such a fool." Oreius berated savagely, "The stars warned of her entering this battle, as Knights, Protectors of Narnia, it is our duty to keep her safe."