Chapter 14 ~ Of Fancier Gowns and Less Giants

"Aslan, Ed!" Peter cried but hours later, ducking under what could easily have been a deadly blow of his brother's blade.

"He won't help you now!" The Just King called through his laughter as he continued bringing his sword down on his brother, who had no choice but to abandon any techniques they'd been taught and use brute force alone.

"Oreius!" The High King shouted, yet laughter was now in his own tone, also, "Oreius, call break!"

"Keep fighting." The Centaur replied quite dryly from the sidelines, "Reel your technique, Your Majesty."

"Yeah, Pete." Edmund teased, eyes glowing through his visor as they fought, "Reel your technique."

"I'll reel my sword through you!"

"That makes no sense!"

"Neither does how quickly you- Lilith!"

The Just King gave his brother a look of absolute confusion as the spar stopped abruptly. His vision soon followed the line of his brother's as he gave an internal groan- that girl would be the death of his brother.

The High King jogged over to meet the uncomfortable looking redhead at the end of a castle's path, "What're you doing here? I thought you weren't training this morning."

"I'm not..." Lilith replied, glancing past the blond to a familiar but stern looking centaur who had begun talking to Edmund, then back again. Frowning, she stepped forward and retied the front of the High King's tunic that had come lose during training as she explained, "I passed Queen Susan in the hall, she asked if I'd fetch you both for breakfast."

"Thanks-" Peter spoke, glancing from the mild concentration in her expression to her fingers tying his tunic ties that'd come lose before realising what she'd said.
They clearly weren't going to train together for a while...

"Oh." He could only hope that his disappointment wasn't too obvious, "We can head up now, I suppose. I was ready to leave anyway. Oreius isn't being- I mean- I think we're all rather tired still after yesterday... Ed! Breakfast?"

"We've still quarter of an hour!" The Just King called back, their trainer at his side using his expression alone to show the two elder teenagers present that he agreed with the Just.

"We could always add it on to tomorrow, Oreius. We don't usually train the day after a battle, anyway."

"But beforehand. You're to fight with the giants once more soon, are you not?" Oreius queried, striding over to the elder of the young Kings.

"We will. But quarter of an hour-"

"Go, if you wish. Choices are yours to make, Your Majesty."

Peter ignored the centaur and looked to his brother, "Ed?"

"I could eat." The brunet shrugged, sheathing his sword.

"Then come on. Thank you, Oreius. That'll be all."

"Very well, Your Majesties. I'll see you when we arranged." The Chief bowed his head before turning and leaving into the woods.

"He really isn't happy with you, Pete." Edmund spoke as they began up to back doors of Cair Paravel.

"When is he happy with either of us? You usually jump at the chance to finish early."

"If I have important things to do." The Just replied pointedly.

Lilith kept her eyes to the ground.

~~~