•two

We spend the next hour looking at bats and baseballs. Josh and Lucas left after Riley and I started talking about some random cute guy that was helping me look for the correct bat. When we finished Farkle took Riley and I home with us.

Riley climbed into the back seat and started taking with Farkle about something I could care less about. I tuned them both out.

When we got to my house my dad wasn't home. Riley and I went up to my room and decided to hang out. She spends almost every weekend at my house.

"Hey did Emma text you about softball?" Riley asked.

"No. What did the text say?" I asked.

"It said that Coach is going to have a freshman Softball player and junior Baseball player work together as partners."

"Why would he do that?"

"I'm not sure and Emma doesn't know why either. I guess we will find out on Monday."

"He will most likely give us a partner that is at the same skill level as we are," I said.

The two of us continued talking about everything until I stopped the conversation.

"Do you think that Josh likes me?"

"Duh he like loves you. He just isn't good with his feelings, but that's normal for boys. Just give him some time and he will get the feelings out someday."

She does have a good point. Boys have liked me before and they would have their friends tell me. But Josh was different he hasn't had a girlfriend in a while and he does seem to like me. I can't help but think that, I have liked him for almost a year now.

I'm not sure if Josh knows how I feel, but I think Farkle would tell me if he knew anything.

"Just give him a little while and something will happen," Riley says.

"Okay I trust you."

"Oh that's a mistake."

Riley and I spent the night up stairs in my room watching movies and talking about boys until she fell asleep. I tossed and turned thinking about Josh.

-

I love this book.