•twenty-six

Farkle decided that he wanted Lucas to come over for a movie night, so I invited Riley to come over.

Lucas came over early to help Farkle set up for the movie and Riley was already over when he got there.

Riley and I decided to make brownies and popcorn for everyone.

"Is this like a weird double date?" Lucas asked me.

"What?" I replied.

"Like Riley and Farkle and you and I."

"No. Why did you invite Missy?"

"No. Did you invite Josh?"

"No."

Farkle and Riley ran past us carrying blankets.

"Maya we need more blankets so we are going to get some from upstairs," Riley shouted.

Lucas whispered into my ear, "I think Riley has a thing for your brother."

"I don't understand what she would like about him. Farkle still sleeps with the closest light on."

"Yeah I know."

For course he knew. Lucas was Farkle's best friend.

"Your hair smells like apples," Lucas added.

"Thanks I use this thing called shampoo. You want to barrow it sometime," I said, whacking his arm.

"No I like to use my manly shampoo," Lucas said, flexing his arms.

Riley and Farkle came running back down the stairs carrying blankets again.

"Okay Romeo come over here and help me," Farkle said, pulling Lucas away.

"What movie are we going to watch?" Riley asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Not sure," Lucas began, "What movie are we going to watch Maya?"

"I was going to let you guys pick out the movie, because I don't think you guys would enjoy a chick flick very much," I said, just as the timer went off and I pulled the brownies out of the oven.

"Are the brownies done?" Farkle asked, popping his head up from the couch.

"I just took them out of the oven," I replied, walking over to the couch, "but don't eat them yet they are still hot."

We ended up starting the movie around 9:00 and the guys only took about two seconds to decide what movie we were going to watch.

It was some stupid movie about two guys who go across the country in an RV.

Riley was sitting next to me on my left and Lucas was on my right. Farkle sat on the other side of Riley.

"Maya will you go get me a brownie?" Lucas asked, poking my shoulder.

"Can't you go get one you have arms and legs." I said.

"Please," Lucas pouted.

"Fine," I grumbled.

"Oh get me one too," Farkle said.

"Come on Riley," I said, pulling her up into the kitchen.

"Hey what's up with Lucas?" Riley questioned.

I started to cut the brownies, "Not sure.

"Lucas didn't invite Missy over."

"Maybe their fighting," Riley said, walking over to the dishwasher and pulling out plates.

"I don't think he wouldn't invite her over if they are fighting."

I started to place the brownies on the plates.

"Why didn't you invite Josh over?"

"I think he's busy with a school lab report."

"You think? Did you even ask him if he was busy?"

"Maybe."

"Maya."

"Okay. Josh hasn't texted me first for a couple days so I figured I should wait until he does."

-

The movie was almost two hours long and my dad and Aria came home around 10:30 with boxes full of her clothing.

I guess she was moving into our house tonight.

"Hey you guys," Aria waved to everyone.

"Hey," we all replied.

"Lucas it's so good to see you," Aria replied.

Aria really liked Lucas, because he was always there for Farkle before and after our mom died.

"Hey," Lucas waved.

"So Riley and Lucas are you excited to be in the wedding?"

"I can't wait!" Riley squealed.

I got up to put the dishes in the sink and let Aria talk to Riley and Lucas.

My dad came over to help me.

"So where's Josh?" He asked.

"I think he has some family thing," I lied.

"So did you and Lucas fight tonight?"

"No dad. We don't fight anymore."

"That's good."

"Yup. We understand each other now."

-

They understand each other awww