•nineteen

The next day I woke up and Farkle forced me to go to school. When I got to school Josh was leaning against my locker talking to Lucas and Riley.

"Hey blondie where were you yesterday?" Lucas asked.

Josh leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"I just felt like skipping," I lied, opening my locker so I could grab my books.

"Oh who knew Maya had a wild side," Lucas smirked.

"Hahaha very funny," I responded.

The bell rang and everyone spilt up to go to first period.

In the middle of solving boring equations the teacher got a call and told me I was needed in the principle's office.

At first I thought it was something to do with softball, but then I started to think my dad called the school in, to get me to open up about our fight.

But then I realised that if it had anything to do with my dad, Farkle would be sitting in the seat next to me.

"How are you Maya?" Mr. Weaver asked.

"I'm good. But can I ask why you called me down here today?" I asked.

"Yes. I was going over your file and never took the swim test in middle school. This test is due soon and the last testing session is in a month. If you don't take this test you will receive an incomplete in gym, " Mr. Weaver explained.

"If I get an incomplete in gym I won't be eligible to play softball this season," Mr. Weaver nodded his head, "But I can't swim! Who is going to teach me how to swim in four weeks?"

"I'm glad you asked."

Great.

"Mrs. Williams can you send Mr. Friar into my office?" Mr. Weaver said, into his speaker phone.

I knew right away from the last name he was spending Lucas into his office.

Sure enough Lucas walked right through the door.

"How's it going Mr. Weaver. Is that a new tie?" Lucas asked, walking into his office like they were best friends.

"Lucas it's so good to see you. Are you keeping your grades up for Baseball?" Mr. Weaver said, shaking his hand and then pointing his finger to the chair next to mine.

Lucas sat down in the seat next to me and said, "Always. Did you need something important? The message you gave my teacher sounded important."

"Yes. Let's get right to the point, Maya hasn't taken the swim test yet and I would like you, the captain of the swim team, to teach her how to swim for the next swim test," Mr. Weaver said.

"Can I ask why you picked me and when the test is?" Lucas asked.

"I chose you because you're still the best swimmer this school has seen in 30 years," Mr. Weaver smiled, "The test is four weeks from tomorrow."

"Yeah sure I will help Maya out," Lucas said, smiling at me for Mr. Weaver.

"Thank you. Your both free to go back to class," Mr. Weaver said, before picking his phone up and talking to some students parents my guess.

The two of us walked out of his room and into the empty hallway.

"What the heck? Lucas why would you say yes?" I hit his arm.

"Why are you hitting me and it wasn't exactly like I could say no," Lucas yelled.

"You should have said no. Maybe then I wouldn't have to take the stupid test. Now I actually have to take the test."

"Swimming is a useful skill to have, you know because we do live in New York and we happen to live like 10 minutes away from the beach."

"Whatever just meet me after practice at the pool."

-

Lol yea there are beaches in New York.