•fourteen

After school Riley and walked down to the field only to hear that coach was finally going to tell us his big suspire.

Before he would tell us though we had to do normal practice.

Lucas was standing out on the field when I yelled at him to come practice, "Lucas lets go you can make out with Missy some other time."

"I'm not even with Missy!" Lucas yelled back to me.

Which was true he was with Farkle and Josh.

"Just get over here," I shouted.

"Why do you need to see this hotness?" Lucas said, walking over to me.

I laughed at him and said, "Oh yeah that's why cause I totally have like pictures of you hanging up in my room surrounded by candles."

"I bet you do. Doesn't every girl in the school. I'm sorry actually doesn't every girl in the world."

"For sure."

"I knew it. I'm just the total catch and everyone wants a piece of this," Lucas smirked, pointing at himself.

"Hahaha very funny now we should get started before coach comes over and yells at us for not doing anything," I said, throwing a glove at him.

Coach made his way over to us.

"Okay Maya throw the ball at Lucas and we'll see how far he can hit it. I want to see how far everyone can hit today. You two are the last ones I have to test today so let's make it a good one that way I can tell everyone the surprise I have been waiting to tell," Coach said.

"Okay," both Lucas and I said.

I pitched the ball to Lucas and he got a least a triple which was pretty amazing. I find it annoying that he's so good at baseball.

It was my turn next. It was okay, but it could have gone a lot further.

Coach had me do it two more times, because my first one wasn't as good as he thought it should. The next one was okay, but coach thought I needed a little help.

So that's how Lucas' arms ended up around my waist fixing my hip position. And of course with his help I hit a triple.

When Coach walked away from us Lucas turned around and shook his head at me.

"Maya look this is why we need to stop taking breaks and work harder. I can't be benched the first game of the season."

"Okay I won't mess up your record."

"It's not about my record."

"Then what is about being cool or trying to impress girls."

"It's too long of a story to tell you and I would never be that stupid to waste my time on trying to look cool or trying to impress girls."

"What's it about then."

"None of your bees wax."

I laughed at him, "How old are you like five."

Lucas looks up at me with some baby face and puts three fingers up, "No I'm actually three."

"Who's taking the breaks now?" I sassed.

Lucas smirked at me before Missy came running over to us.

"Lucas! Lucas Guess what?" Missy shouted.

"What?" Lucas asked, his voice had a little attitude in it.

"My parents are letting me spend the summer in Florida," Missy cheered.

Figures Missy would be lucky enough to spend the summer in Florida.

"That's cool," Lucas said, he definitely had some attitude.

"Daddy said you can come with us too."

Of course she would call her dad, daddy.

"That's cool, but I always spend the summer with Maya and Farkle at their lake house."

I never thought I heard the day when Lucas would rather spend the summer with me than Missy.

"Oh. Maybe you could skip it this year and hang out with me."

"I'd hate to break tradition."

"Oh. Okay. I better get back to Josh."

As Missy walked off she glared at me, basically her way of blaming me for Lucas not wanting to go to Florida.

Lucas turned back around and began walking up towards bleachers, where coach had our meetings.

"Hey Lucas wait up," I called out after him.

Lucas asked, "What's up Maya?"

"Do even like Missy?" I asked.

"What makes you ask that?"

"Every time I'm around you, you go out of your way to ignore her."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Can you just tell me why?" I asked.

"No, because I don't trust you," Lucas said, before running off.

-

Okay so that last line is important remember that.

On an unrelated note I spend the night watching Mako Mermaids and I now ship Erik and Ondina.

Also Riley thinks she loves Danny on Baby Daddy.

I'm going to pass out from all the feels.