•ten

I begged Josh if we could skip the date, but he wanted to spend time with me so he told me I had to.

When Saturday rolled around Josh and I got there to find Lucas and Missy sitting down on the bench waiting for us.

Josh held my hand as we walked over to them.

"Sorry we are late. Maya is a terrible with directions," Josh said.

"I'm great with directions your just bad at listening to what I tell you," I refuted.

"Awww look at you two almost as cute as us," Missy says, trying to kiss Lucas.

"Okay losing team has to buy everyone ice cream," Lucas said, walking away from Missy before she could give him a kiss.

"Oh you're so on," Josh grinned.

Josh forced Lucas and I to work together so that we could get along better at practice.

"Okay so don't mess this up," Lucas whispered in my ear.

"It's mini golf it's not that hard to mess up."

"Yeah I guess. Missy is terrible at mini golf so we will definitely win."

It surprises me that Lucas talks badly about Missy when they claim to be in love. Did Lucas even love her?

We ended up playing twelve holes and only one round.

Lucas got us three hole in ones and I got two. Josh got one and Missy didn't get any so Josh bought all of us ice cream.

The four of us sat outside and ate our ice cream, because it was about seventy degrees. The golf coursework were at was right next to the ocean so there was a beautiful view.

It was almost the end of March so it was nice weather for New York.

Josh's hair was starting to turn a lighter brown like Chases his hair.

"Does anyone know when we have our first game," Lucas says, breaking the silence.

"Not sure," Josh begins, "Coach hasn't really told us that much."

"He actually has a surprise for us next week," Lucas said.

"Do you know what it is?" I asked.

Lucas shook his head no.

The rest of the day we sat outside and talked about the baseball games that were on the night before. Our conversation was stopped short when out of nowhere a bird pooped on Missy's head.

When Missy forced them to get her napkins I could see Lucas and Josh laughing.

She couldn't handle not looking bad so Lucas drove her home.

-

Missy though :/