Chapter 1: A New Reality

Katya

First day of senior year. First day at a new school in a new country.
Love that for me.

The school looks pretty much the same as my school back in Russia did, but it feels completely different. You see, I am half American, but we left the U.S. when I was only a baby and followed my dad back home to Russia. However, recently my parents decided to move back to America since my mom missed her country, and since I lost my chances at being an Olympic gymnast when my very homophobic coach found out I was gay. Yeah, gay in Russia is not something you wanna be. 

Hi, by the way. My name is Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova, but you can call me Katya. I'm 17, extremely lesbian, I drive a motorbike, and I recently cut my hair short and gave myself bangs because the answer to the age old question; "should I get bangs?" is always yes.

"Cool bike." An absolutely gorgeous girl with long dark hair tells me. 

"Thank you." I reply politely. I may look intimidating, but I am never mean.

"Is that an accent?" The girl asks. Damn it, I really thought I was getting better at speaking American. 

"Uhm yeah, I'm from Russia, but my mom's American."

"Nice, I'm from here. I'm Tatianna by the way." She says reaching out a hand as she smiles brightly.

"I'm Yekaterina, but just call me Katya." I respond, shaking her hand.

"Katya sounds like the easier choice, thanks. You want me to show you around?" Tatianna offers.

"That would be great, thank you." 

We walk into the school, the amount of students swarming the halls make me a little claustrophobic, but Tatianna guides me through with ease and helps me get everything I need from the office.

"Ah, here's your locker." Tatianna says. I type in the code I've been given and put my stuff inside as I grab a couple books for my first class.

"Adore! Over here!" Tatianna yells and I see a girl dressed in a band t-shirt and fishnets walk towards us.

"Hi!" The girl greets us instantly.

"Hey, I'm Katya."

"Party! I'm Adore." She replies in an excited tone.

"Katya's from Russia, she just moved here." Tatianna says.

"Oh wow, that must be an adjustment. Why'd you move?" Adore asks.

"Well, my mom is American, so she missed her country. But also I was a gymnast, but I got caught kissing a girl on my team by my coach, and well Mother Russia doesn't like lesbians all that much." I reply honestly.

"Ah, you're gay?" Tatianna asks in a hushed tone.

"I'm as gay as they come." I say happily and very loudly.

"Yeah, you might not wanna announce that to the world." Adore says.

"Why not? I thought America was more open towards lgbtq people?" I ask confused.

"Oh sure, a lot of America is, this particular school tho is not." Adore informs me, which makes my face drop. I'd left my country to be more free, not to go into hiding again. 

"Well, I don't wanna hide it. I hid it enough back at home." I reply.

"That's fair, I'm gay and Adore's bi, we just don't want you to get hurt. Although, you will probably get a bad reputation from just hanging with us." Tatianna says.

"Why? You are nice?"

"Well, because we're known to be out of the closet, we party alot, and we skip school quite a bit. People here are real goody two shoes." Adore explains. 

"Ah." I reply, nodding in understanding. "I don't really care what people think, I like you, so I would like to keep hanging out with you." I add with a shrug.

"Cool, you're very welcome to." Tatianna says with a warm smile.

Just then the most stunning girl I have ever seen walks by. She has long blonde straight hair, huge boobs, a tiny waist, wide hips, long legs, and thick thighs. She's wearing a little preppy blue 60s dress, a Barbie purse, white socks with a lace trim, and white platform shoes. She looks like a doll, almost as if Barbie grew in size and came to life.

"Woah, who is she?" I ask as I stare at her.

"Little miss perfect? No, don't even think about it." Adore replies. I turn to her confused.

"What? Why?" 

"Katya, have you ever seen American high school movies?" Adore asks.

"Ehm, yeah." I say. Of course I have, I love them. Especially Heathers and Jawbreaker because they are also just so dark.

"Well, you know how there will like a really smart girl who's a mathlete, and then a really popular and spoiled girl who's head cheerleader, then there's the gorgeous prom queen, and then the student body president, and then there's the good girl who never drinks or sleeps with anyone who's also really religious?" Adore says.

"Yeah, sure." I reply, still very confused.

"Meet Trixie Mattel, she is all of that." Tatiana states.